[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not doing the race, but just saw this on the Bicycling Magazine Facebook page, looks like it could be a bit windy... Take care everyone.

post-41665-0-77454700-1551947698_thumb.jpg

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Fantastic, can freewheel from Smits all the way home. (Someone forecasting CT weather from 4 days out is taking a chance)

That's sa weather service for you

Sent from my SM-A605F using Tapatalk

I do not think it is much speculation to say that it is going to be windy, but I am riding regardless. 

The forecasting says that the wind will start blowing already from this afternoon and that it will only stop Monday morning. 

If the prediction said that the wind will start blowing on Sunday then yes, I would have agreed that it is still 50/50 whether the wind will blow.

Not doing the race, but just saw this on the Bicycling Magazine Facebook page, looks like it could be a bit windy... Take care everyone.

attachicon.gif54240526_978408502362473_530968690632425472_o.jpg

Sorry if this has already been posted.

No matter what happens come Sunday, I am sure that this edition will be one of the most talked about editions of the event for years to come.

I just hope that bout of rain predicted for Monday does not arrive early.... 50km/h wind is one thing to navigate on a bike, add in the driving rain and it becomes a whole new level of challenge.

Jealous and not jealous at the same time up here in Gauteng.

Stay safe guys!

Yep. If its cancelled I am just going to keep riding even if they tell us to stop at the end of the blue route. I am sure most people in the front groups will do the same. Everyone in those groups can stay upright in wind.

Looking at all the wind predictions the few kilos I put on over Christmas that are not gone yet might just be useful to keep me on the ground. Last year was my first with no wind at all, so excited for whatever blows my way on Sunday. 

You will be charged with Infringement of my rights.

I am the sole Agent for distribution of Cement.

Poor business

Everyone knows you need to sell kites because everyone wants a sub 3

Poor business

Everyone knows you need to sell kites because everyone wants a sub 3

Cement for headwind. Kite for tailwind.

EDIT:spelling

Edited by Long Wheel Base