One Tonner 2018

Tjommie

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it just me but at the start of the race going up Hels (in the M-Z group) there was a group of lady riders in the 'ILoveBoobies' kit and the one from behind literally looked almost exactly like Jolanda Neff with the blonde fizzy hair.

Was it just me but at the start of the race going up Hels (in the M-Z group) there was a group of lady riders in the 'ILoveBoobies' kit and the one from behind literally looked almost exactly like Jolanda Neff with the blonde fizzy hair.

I know your mystery Neff-girl hahahaaa... I must admit, there is quite a resemblance... :)

It's quite a shambles to be fair, no podium and no recognition at all for a rider who rode 170km SOLO race.. Yes there were bunches etc, but he didn't have a full team pulling him along. It could be a great 1 day classic(some parts of the road are so bad it even feels like cobbles LOL). Then they have "big" prizes for the Team winners.. Surely doing 170km as an individual is harder than doing it as a TTT??

For me it's the same as having a "DC" but then having a short route, and then celebrating the winners of the short route and nothing for the winners of the actual "Double Century"...

So this is what needs to be looked at carefully..

109km - Podium with Prize money

170km TTT - Podium with money

170 SOLO - TFC award.

You were looking down to check if your motor was still working...  :whistling: 

b863291d8f20af4a18d01a67c8329739.jpg

Spent ages looking for the photographer, if I knew where he was I could have pulled over after this

It's quite a shambles to be fair, no podium and no recognition at all for a rider who rode 170km SOLO race.. Yes there were bunches etc, but he didn't have a full team pulling him along. It could be a great 1 day classic(some parts of the road are so bad it even feels like cobbles LOL). Then they have "big" prizes for the Team winners.. Surely doing 170km as an individual is harder than doing it as a TTT??

For me it's the same as having a "DC" but then having a short route, and then celebrating the winners of the short route and nothing for the winners of the actual "Double Century"...

So this is what needs to be looked at carefully..

109km - Podium with Prize money

170km TTT - Podium with money

170 SOLO - TFC award.

Not always easier doing the TTT. You only have 12 guys to do all the work, where if you do the solo race you can hide in the bunch for 169.8km. Not saying this was happend.

Think both races, the solo and TTT, is hard in it's own way and should have the same exposure. Price money, podium, etc.

Don't agree with the fact that the 109km had all that and not the 170.

This is digging deep, this is when your mind and body seperate !!

I know this guy, heart of gold. Wow need to share with him

You two did quite a bit of pacing - thanks. ;)

Your mate unfortunately gave up the element of surprise attack with those gears slippy with every acceleration. LOL

Yes he did, even caught me off guard when he eventually got away climbing over the N1 bridge :eek: our plan was to go hard at the weighbridge :whistling: but yes he scarred the crap out of me :eek:  I also managed to get away on the Kromme Rhee road ^_^ In the old end we finished together ahead of the bunch :thumbup:

post-1512-0-80596900-1541142583_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reg Lizard

Yes he did, even caught me off guard when he eventually got away climbing over the N1 bridge :eek: our plan was to go hard at the weighbridge :whistling: but yes he scarred the crap out of me :eek:  I also managed to get away on the Kromme Rhee road ^_^ In the old end we finished together ahead of the bunch :thumbup:

You guys did a ton of work with the two laaitjies from houtbay cycling club and a tall gent in what i can only describe as a skeleton cycling top.   :thumbup:

@cookie88 :-) Daar is nog baie, ek moet werk deur die dag en kan net met die pics speel as ek vanaand by die huis is.

Aan die 60-70kg's outjies wat worry oor 20gram handle bar strap , Hierdie ou trap gou die 109km plat en dan moet hy sorg hy is betyds vir sy 12h00 gim afspraak.

Goeie fotos op die dag Brakkies + jou platform werk baie goed [emoji106][emoji2534]