LBS Service - CWCYCLES

Transporter

Copy of e-mail to Bike Shop.

Good Morning

Hope you are well.

I have had a few attempts to buy a very specific small part from you. I made a few Telephonic enquiries without success.

However when I made my last call on Thursday last week I was assisted by Justin Kotze who tracked what I wanted, handled the rest of the sale made sure payment was received and shipped my parcel the same day (Friday).

My goods was delivered on Monday.

Thank you for super customer service Justin.

Regards

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else notice the strange pricing on CWC website? Prices like R2,995.99; R499.98, etc. Gatorskins on special now for R499.99 :unsure: Think I paid R349 per tyre a couple of months ago at CWC when they were also on "special" :whistling:  Prices have definitely gone up, but probably still cheaper than you can get them at your lbs ^_^

Did anyone else notice the strange pricing on CWC website? Prices like R2,995.99; R499.98, etc. Gatorskins on special now for R499.99 :unsure: Think I paid R349 per tyre a couple of months ago at CWC when they were also on "special" :whistling:  Prices have definitely gone up, but probably still cheaper than you can get them at your lbs ^_^

official email was sent to all CycleLab members yesterday CycleLab acquired CWC & all clubrides will be moved to the CWC premises in northern suburb

possible reason - CycleLab pricing has taken effect. :thumbdown:

You are shopping at the wrong "LBS" ....

at least three bike shops in Bellville are consistantly cheaper than CWC .... that is the normal prices at the others shops ....

I now only buy there if the others dont stock a specific item ....

Saint rear derailleur at CWC - R2.5k. And if you ask the 'friends at the till' to price match they say thats the best price.

I obviously went there first because they carry stock. So i ordered from Evo instead and had to wait a ~week for it but at R700 less....yea, no brainer. I'd like to know WHY there is such a discrepancy in price though...

Unfortunately had to suck it up and buy the shifter from cwc because they are the only ones with stock. i bought the last one. luckily i got the Saint crankset from Merlin in UK at R1650 (sale) ups got it to my door in 3 days.  VS cwc @ R3.5k lol!! They also had a special on 29" tubes with sealant in (for the wifes bike). I grab 2 Schrader ones...just t be told that ONLY the Presta ones were on special....suck it. do they hate money?

I think i might go in there next time wearing lycra though...they obviously only take you seriously then :thumbdown:

Edited by morneS555

Not too impressed with CWC. Ordered on Mon during the day, payed R100 delivery and still no item.

Ordered from A competitor in Joberg Mon eve and had the goods at 8am Tues morning.

Best thread ever. One rave three grave. Oops

four - to - one ....  :whistling:

and it is almost Friday .....  :devil:

Guest Ratchet road

They are a cycle lab company now...

You are shopping at the wrong "LBS" ....

at least three bike shops in Bellville are consistantly cheaper than CWC .... that is the normal prices at the others shops ....

I now only buy there if the others dont stock a specific item ....

Who are these three bike shops that you are hiding from us so that we can support them instead?

Who are these three bike shops that you are hiding from us so that we can support them instead?

Marks Workshop

Evobikes

Geko Cycles

Knipe_Racing

My sincerest apollogies ....  not three, but four shops in the direct vicinity .... and I KNOW there are many more, just have not checked the prices at the others ...  Mark, Fred and Evo has 95% of what I want ....

If you really want GOOD prices straight off the shelf, no "specials", no BS, just plain good prices you really should also visit :

- Euodia Cycles Hermanus

- King Cycles Worcester !!!  (saved the BEST for last)  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Edited by ChrisF

Marks Workshop

Evobikes

Geko Cycles

Knipe_Racing

My sincerest apollogies .... not three, but four shops in the direct vicinity .... and I KNOW there are many more, just have not checked the prices at the others ... Mark, Fred and Evo has 95% of what I want ....

If you really want GOOD prices straight off the shelf, no "specials", no BS, just plain good prices you really should also visit :

- Euodia Cycles Hermanus

- King Cycles Worcester !!! (saved the BEST for last) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I can vouch for Evobikes, Gecko and King Cycles. I really like Louis so I bet Knipe_Racing will be awesome.

Marks Workshop

Evobikes

Geko Cycles

Knipe_Racing

My sincerest apollogies ....  not three, but four shops in the direct vicinity .... and I KNOW there are many more, just have not checked the prices at the others ...  Mark, Fred and Evo has 95% of what I want ....

- Euodia Cycles Hermanus

- King Cycles Worcester !!!  (saved the BEST for last)  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Cool thanks for this will check them out, my list of shops is growing by the day. Between them you can usually find what you need at the best price.

Yea it sucks that certain bike shops become the way they do because of turnover or name or whatever. It is a business first i guess but it is always in their interest to promote the sport/hobby to new riders. There are a few local bike shops in my area where i can just walk in and ask for a quick torque wrench check or a cable end cap for free,  no worries. thats what makes you go back and support them and they get it.

So about two years ago the father in law was given a mtb by his brother...who is a keen cyclist...lets just say he has even had a go at the Tour de France.

So the mtb he gives him is older, but high spec...like in XTR everything etc and 26"...circa 2000 probably, the wheel size was a non issue because he's about as tall as a hobbit. He takes it to his local bicycle shop in the vicinity of Willowbridge North, Bellville Park :whistling:...just to be treated like a nobody with a old crappy bike and 'unable/unwilling' to really work on it. When he told me my first impression was "yea i could have told you that" and thats also wrong.

Needless to say, that bicycle has been relegated to the storage heap in the garage and has never been used since and the old man was totally put off cycling and cyclists in general by this one single experience.

Food for thought. instead of getting him up and running and enjoying his bike and getting him into the sport, and perhaps a new bike client down the line, ~5 minutes pushed him away forever. 

on a different note: Sweeeet, a week late but this made it to friday :devil: ....