LBS Service - CWCYCLES

Transporter

..................their salespeople were fairly disinterested if you werent in there to buy a whole bike, and if you asked for a spare, were always led to the most expensive one with a stony glare when you asked if they have a cheaper range... ...............

Sounds just like Cycle Lab.......good match then.  :ph34r:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+3 for King Cycles, Johan and the chaps do it right the FIRST time, be it servicing or buying......

i have used Kings for a good while now...cant fault them at all...service and standards are excellent and happy to help you...

i have used LBS over seas as well and you notice the difference.

as for buying on-line in SA,its actually a very frustrating experience...but hopefully will get better

• 6 months later...

Credit where credit is due .....

Saturday late afternoon Maritz plays about in the driveway .... tries to ride the curb line (having been told not to..) .... has a spill at about 5km/h .... derailure did not take kindly to the knock from the curb .... Sunday afternoon ride not going to happen if I cant find a replacement 8-speed derailure.

Sunday morning we walk into CWC.  Sale staff too busy with the cricket to be bothered with clients.  Thankfully Andre is at the tills and quickly sorts us out.  New derailure, new chain (yes, we are selling the bike in a few months, but with 0,5% stretch I might as well change the chain while changing the derailure).  For good measure Andre even had a nice PRO chain breaker, a proper workshop tool, not the miniature toolkit models.

So a big THANKS to Andre and CWC for helping us on a Sunday morning.  We ENJOYED our Sunday afternoon ride.   :clap:   :clap:

Ok. So who is Maritz and are you Chris Jr? Sounds like a normal transaction to me

the fact that they are open on a Sunday alone makes it good. How many people work on a Sunday, I definitely would not.

Perhaps you're just too easily satisfied on a Sunday.? LOL

Perhaps you're just too easily satisfied on a Sunday.? LOL

Just GLAD we got sorted on a Sunday !!  :whistling:

As said above, very thankful to be able to get the spares on a Sunday.  :thumbup:   Once I spoke with Andre he sorted us out VERY quickly and efficiently.

Ok. So who is Maritz and are you Chris Jr? Sounds like a normal transaction to me

:eek:   :wacko:  NO !!   :eek:

My love-hate relationship with CWC is well recorded on the Hub ....

In this case Andre made sure we got sorted out, which is a LOT better than our normal experience with this shop, thus the title "credit where it is due"

We all like to moan and sometimes it's nice to hear a positive story like this which we often don't report. I have had terrible experiences in Cycle lab who now own CWC but I was recently in Durban where I accidentally bought and old Colnago. I went into one for a box and the guys were so helpful despite no sale and offered to pack my bike for 150 and let my courier collect. I was impressed

You must be new here?

ChrisF has been vocal about shops he likes and dislikes.

My bet is if it wasn't a Sunday, he would not have gone to CWC at all.

I also head there on sundays usually if in the area - it's convenient. BUT....

you have to be an informed shopper.

CWC for me is that shop where you go if you know EXACTLY what you are going to get because you checked the site etc. i go there with screen grabs of stuff because half the time the prices are wrong on the instore system...and the staff have no clue usually.

walk in...grab your guy and show him a picture of the thing you got off the site. if you go in there asking to many 'difficult' questions....you are in for a bad experience imo lol

....point and case: I did this exact thing when i got my wife the m7000 1x11 + crank upgrade (in store price was wrong btw lol) but in store i remembered i needed a square taper bb socket tool to remove the old crap from the frame. it was nowhere to be found on the shelfs...and none of them knew what or where to look. when i got home and had time to look for it myself on the site....I found it. They did offer to remove it for me because they 'didn't have the tool' though...

Same with shimano spd pedals...wanted to get her some shimano spd 520's -they are around R500 on the website. Could only find  505 in store at about R800 lol. if i didnt know...i would have paid waaaaayyyyyy to much.

I usually aim for one guy when I go in there on sundays....he seems the most clued up - Ray.

finally: the other sunday there were some staff there around the coffee station...and it was close to closing time....and the language they were using - audible from across the store.....was  distasteful to say the least. A bigger older guy and one young guy that looks like he plays rugby when not trying to sell bicycles :blush:

:eek:   :wacko:  NO !!   :eek:

My love-hate relationship with CWC is well recorded on the Hub ....

In this case Andre made sure we got sorted out, which is a LOT better than our normal experience with this shop, thus the title "credit where it is due"

Lol, soz for thinking you might be Jr hehe.....

Saturday late afternoon Maritz plays about in the driveway .... tries to ride the curb line (having been told not to..) .... has a spill at about 5km/h .... derailure did not take kindly to the knock from the curb .... Sunday afternoon ride not going to happen if I cant find a replacement 8-speed derailure.

Sunday morning we walk into CWC. Sale staff too busy with the cricket to be bothered with clients. Thankfully Andre is at the tills and quickly sorts us out. New derailure, new chain (yes, we are selling the bike in a few months, but with 0,5% stretch I might as well change the chain while changing the derailure). For good measure Andre even had a nice PRO chain breaker, a proper workshop tool, not the miniature toolkit models.

So a big THANKS to Andre and CWC for helping us on a Sunday morning. We ENJOYED our Sunday afternoon ride. :clap: :clap:

So to be clear. It’s Kudos to Andre (great name btw) but not the rest of the CWC who were too busy watching cricket in a bicycle shop while the it’s the last day if the Giro (wtf maybe that’s the problem)?

So to be clear. It’s Kudos to Andre (great name btw) but not the rest of the CWC who were too busy watching cricket in a bicycle shop while the it’s the last day if the Giro (wtf maybe that’s the problem)?

It was early morning so perhaps Giro broadcast hadn't started yet.

Couldn't have been cricket either mind you, especially not if referring to the Proteas. LOL

C'mon boys...today we turn our world cup around. ;)

So to be clear. It’s Kudos to Andre (great name btw) but not the rest of the CWC who were too busy picking their noses to give a fart about customer service watching cricket in a bicycle shop while the it’s the last day if the Giro (wtf maybe that’s the problem)?

I walked in to CWC about a month ago looking for a new helmet. I got boggerol service, even after trying unsucsesfully to get some attention. I left. 

Drove to EVOBikes and bought a Leatt. I am DONE with CWC.

It was early morning so perhaps Giro broadcast hadn't started yet.

Couldn't have been cricket either mind you, especially not if referring to the Proteas. LOL

C'mon boys...today we turn our world cup around. ;)

I am not holding my breath. In the next 4 matches, we might win one against Afghanistan. India, New Zealand and Pakistan are a leap too far on current form. Then I am not even talking of Sri Lanka and Australia. This WC is done before it even started.

Archived