Tour de France 2019

gummibear

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“There's no other race I've dreamt of winning since I was a young kid. I can't believe it. The Tour de France is something so distant from Australia, something we only watched on TV. I can't believe I'm even here, and to win a stage is a real dream come true for me."

Caleb Ewan ????????????

By way of chit chat - are these guys on 25c or 30c tyres, 23c ? Or will it differ from day to day ?

Enter, the Pyrenees

3 epic days with an ITT thrown in the middle.... 

Ineos' tactics will be interesting with G and Bernal Neck and Neck

Enter, the Pyrenees

They will be just over the border from us towards the end of this week, but I don't think we'll make it this year :-(

3 epic days with an ITT thrown in the middle.... 

Ineos' tactics will be interesting with G and Bernal Neck and Neck

He who cracks first.... will be....

soon to be revealed

:whistling:

They will be just over the border from us towards the end of this week, but I don't think we'll make it this year :-(

So close, but yet so far.

Is today's stage one of those to watch from start to end or is there a specific point to watch from? Any thoughts ....

Sorry to squash more dream here but Tims diet will not a F get you through or near to a GT.

I am under no illusions that I will get nowhere near a GT  :P. My comment was more aimed at us working folk Hubbers. 

For us the Ketone diet might be a sensible option instead of spending the exorbitant amounts to buy the Ketone Elixirs.I am still on a eat-what-I-want diet, but starting to think about doing something along the low-carb route.

For the Pro Teams at the TDF that are supplementing with those Elixirs, it is obviously something they have been testing before the tour. The teams that use it do it because they have found that the benefit is actually substantial enough. I don't think it would be responsible to suddenly put a new substance down the throats of your riders for the first time at a GT.

Sorry for going off topic, lets get back to discussing the Racing  :)  

Is today's stage one of those to watch from start to end or is there a specific point to watch from? Any thoughts ....

Well it's pretty flat till 70km to go, then the cat 1s start, I doubt I'll be watching from the gun.

For GC, my bet is they will only gun it on the last CAT1 climb. 

For the break, I can see SAGAN trying to get away with them to get some points for Green. I would love for TDD to at least put Ben King in the break.

Has anybody seen Cummings at all? I can't say that I have even seen him at the back of the peloton for Nederburg...?

Bennie'

There are likely some GC contenders that will try to get some time back after being caught in the crosswinds the other day. 

The last 2 hours should be tense

The last hour very intense

tumblr_pt8y2p7Dic1ropreyo2_1280.jpg

Bennie'

There are likely some GC contenders that will try to get some time back after being caught in the crosswinds the other day.

The last 2 hours should be tense

The last hour very intense

tumblr_pt8y2p7Dic1ropreyo2_1280.jpg

Thanks man, will go ride mid morning then and watch most of it [emoji41]

.....Ben King ....

I have been loving his short vlogs on Insta about each stage!

Archived