Tour de France 2019

gummibear

Seems as if there might be an appeal from both Teams.

Whatever the outcome it is going to be controversial.

Depending on on which ruling that was made an appeal may not be possible. And if the fine is more than a certain amount.

They can plead maybe.. but it's a dangerous thing to do if you have booted riders before for similar incidents ..next time it may be someone people don't like and then he gets to stay in the race..like Moscon he may just have free reign if they let them back in [emoji6]

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They gave the organizers a great opportunity to reduce the resources of the teams fighting to get JA out of the yellow.

Well one of them was...

Unfortunately they were front and centre for the world to see..[emoji2368]

BTW none of the UCI comms on the jury panel were French.

c1ac391fe2536cc8c190d919d5093bcc.jpg

The Secret Pro:

"Bonjour readers,

Well today was interesting. You'll have already heard that Tony Martin and Luke Rowe were booted off the Tour today after some argy-bargy on the road.

Everything was all pretty calm today until that happened. 

Rubbing is racing, but here's the thing: That was excessive. Don't let them tell you it wasn't. We jostle all the time, we pat each other on the hip or the back, our elbows touch, our bars touch. That's all normal. Swinging into another rider so that he nearly goes off the road and into fans? That is not normal.

Both Martin and Rowe are sometimes a bit aggro anyway. Luke is very defensive of his space. And Tony, well, he hit Richie Porte already this Tour. Richie might have done something a bit dumb, but it wasn't worth getting whacked in the ribs for. I mean we all sometimes miscalculate, and do something a bit stupid, but Richie didn't do anything that would require that response. That might be part of other sports, but not ours. We hurt each other enough without that stuff.

I saw the same from Luke and Tony at yesterday's stage. Just something small and stupid that went out of control. And now they're out of the race - which, they should be.

Until tomorrow..."

The Secret Pro:

"Bonjour readers,

Well today was interesting. You'll have already heard that Tony Martin and Luke Rowe were booted off the Tour today after some argy-bargy on the road.

Everything was all pretty calm today until that happened.

Rubbing is racing, but here's the thing: That was excessive. Don't let them tell you it wasn't. We jostle all the time, we pat each other on the hip or the back, our elbows touch, our bars touch. That's all normal. Swinging into another rider so that he nearly goes off the road and into fans? That is not normal.

Both Martin and Rowe are sometimes a bit aggro anyway. Luke is very defensive of his space. And Tony, well, he hit Richie Porte already this Tour. Richie might have done something a bit dumb, but it wasn't worth getting whacked in the ribs for. I mean we all sometimes miscalculate, and do something a bit stupid, but Richie didn't do anything that would require that response. That might be part of other sports, but not ours. We hurt each other enough without that stuff.

I saw the same from Luke and Tony at yesterday's stage. Just something small and stupid that went out of control. And now they're out of the race - which, they should be.

Until tomorrow..."

Well I suppose that settles it.

Unfortunately they were front and centre for the world to see..[emoji2368]

BTW none of the UCI comms on the jury panel were French.

c1ac391fe2536cc8c190d919d5093bcc.jpg

Probably a french speaking Canadian making it 2.....

Anyway... my point was that expulsion like this could have a major impact on the race as a whole, not just on the 2 riders 

Anyway its 

no way in hell they will retract that decision (hope i'm proved wrong again)

Probably a french speaking Canadian making it 2.....

Anyway... my point was that expulsion like this could have a major impact on the race as a whole, not just on the 2 riders

Anyway its

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkKxmnrRVHo

no way in hell they will retract that decision (hope i'm proved wrong again)

Spyt kom altyd te laat.

Yeah 2 very important riders.. so doff just doff.

Swiss, the thing is, their decision SHOULD affect their team and their team leaders.

It is a team sport, so the decisions of individuals is paramount to success of the unit.

I'm glad the UCI kicked them. Prima Donna's doing whatever they want because..... I'm sure all of us try to teach our kids that tantrums aren't acceptable?

Not if a frenchie wins it....

:whistling:

They only have themselves to blame no one put them in this situation but themselves.

They will certainly not change the decision.

The fact that Froome has started training again ( albeit one - legged) will make them even more determined to have a French rider to win before he is back next year.

Those non French members of the jury with the French sounding names are agents :)

OK... me Lady, in view of new evidence then Rowe at least deserves punishment.

Maybe they should add some weight (bricks) to the riders bikes instead of expulsion

Archived