Tour de France 2019

gummibear

Interesting time to do it, smart though.

It's not uncommon for morning tests..

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And finally the breakaway has formed.. big group.

GC teams all planning set up a long range attacks?

Edited by Gen

And finally the breakaway has formed.. big group.

GC teams all planning set up a long range attacks?

Unless Nairo is planning to pull a Andy with a long range attack for the podium. Although not a rider who i generally like, that would be a smart solo move and awesome to watch. 

Definitely not going to be a boring day with Quintana up the road, still too much of a threat, even with his current form.

There are 33 men up front. They lead the Dimension Data-led peloton by 15 seconds. The South African team missed the move.  :unsure: 

Romain Bardet, Mickaêl Cherel, Mathias Frank (AG2R La Mondiale)

Nairo Quintana, Andrey Amador, Carlos Verona (Movistar)

Adam Yates, Daryl Impey, Chris Juul-Jensen (Mitchelton-Scott)

Tim Wellens, Tiesj Benoot, Jasper De Buyst (Lotto Soudal)

Greg Van Avermaet, Serge Pauwels, Simon Geschke (CCC Team)

Alexey Lutsenko, Gorka Izagirre (Astana)

Michael Woods, Alberto Bettiol (EF Education First)

Lennard Kämna, Nikias Arndt (Team Sunweb)

Mike Teunissen, Amund Jansen (Jumbo-Visma)

Julien Bernard (Trek-Segafredo)

Sergio Henao (UAE Team Emirates)

Pierre-Luc Périchon (Cofidis)

Dylan Van Baarle (Team Ineos)

Nils Politt (Katusha-Alpecin)

Damiano Caruso (Bahrain-Merida)

Amaël Moinard (Arkéa-Samsic)

Paul Ourselin (Total Direct Energie)

Mathieu Ladagnous (Groupama-FDJ)

Maximilano Richeze (Deceuninck-QuickStep)

It's a pity this sort of rubbish behaviour is overshadowing what is destined to be the start of 3 days of proper do or die racing.

All this conjecture points to illustrate why we, as a society, are failing. People firmly arguing opinion when they don't know the facts. Needless to add that most people are arguing against the disciplinary action handed out by an elected panel with accepted and elected authority.

If you do the crime, you do the time. Unfortunately consequence for ones actions seems to now be 100% debatable. 

People feel they can get away with anything and when sanctions are imposed, 5 million people are up in arms on socials.

Absolute power to the people has had Trump and Boris elected into 2 of the most powerful seats on the globe. Somethings gotta give eventually

Nonsense

Saw it on the box,read about it and forgot about it.

Viva le Tour

Lead up to 5mins already. Surely Ineos or Jumbo will soon take over the chase to prevent Quintana in Yellow.

Landa to go on the Izoard, hook up with Quintana and then go long. Wins the stage, Bernal and co chase hard dragging Alaphilip close to the top of the final mountain where he is dropped but he reconnects on the downhill to keep the jersey by the skin of his teeth. Pinot goes long as well, uses up matches, comes in with everyone else but kills off his chances of overall by being too tired for the next 2 days. 

Or something totally different.  :w00t:

Still no idea why they didn't finish today on the top of the Galibier (apart from cash from the finish town). 

Landa to go on the Izoard, hook up with Quintana and then go long. Wins the stage, Bernal and co chase hard dragging Alaphilip close to the top of the final mountain where he is dropped but he reconnects on the downhill to keep the jersey by the skin of his teeth. Pinot goes long as well, uses up matches, comes in with everyone else but kills off his chances of overall by being too tired for the next 2 days. 

Or something totally different.  :w00t:

Still no idea why they didn't finish today on the top of the Galibier (apart from cash from the finish town). 

Time losses today will be one thing, lets see the losses on Friday and Saturday... they should be telling.

Today is the appetizer... but I am happy to see Quintana test their stress levels by going up the road on day 1 of 3...

Lead up to 5mins already. Surely Ineos or Jumbo will soon take over the chase to prevent Quintana in Yellow.

This is setup for a Landa attack..

The break will take care of Nairo.. no ways they will let him ride along the whole day.... many hard kilos to go.

Even if they do start chasing him down.. Landa gets a free ride.

Edited by Gen

Think DQ just going to force the other GC hand.. the tempo isn't high and pretty sure another team will blink first.

Fun and games, I like it.