Tour de France 2019

gummibear

The current gap is 6min30 now, give him 45s more and he is passing Buchman on GC, another 45s and he is past Gee...

They will blink...

Plus the DS of DQ admitted that they know Julian will pop, so no sense in putting it all on the line for the inevitable to happen.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In general it is hard to predict what is going to happen during any TdF but there are at least the following certainties:

1. Geraint Thomas will crash

2. Peter Sagan will do a wheelie.

4. Thomas de Gendt will be in a breakaway.

3. Steve Cummings will be at the back .

In previous years it was always Thomas Voeckler holding up the back, guess when he retired someone had to take over the position.

Ouch, you could feel the pain of George Bennet throughout that crash. Watching him trying to get his leg over the replacement bike was pretty average. Shame he looks a bit sketchy on the descent at the moment. Go on kiwi! 

The current gap is 6min30 now, give him 45s more and he is passing Buchman on GC, another 45s and he is past Gee...

They will blink...

Plus the DS of DQ admitted that they know Julian will pop, so no sense in putting it all on the line for the inevitable to happen.

3rd now

and seconds away from 2nd.

However, its not going to end like this...I suspect.

The convoy that Bennett is trying to get though needs to use their rear views. They know riders are coming because they all drove past him and Nico Roche on the floor. Well they know he's there now as he gives a couple of cars a tap up and a few choice words as they get in his way. 

And just to add to the spice he almost hits a stray Astana bottle from the peloton that rolls into the cornering line just at the wrong moment. 

Here comes the Izoard. What a beast.  :clap:

As I cannot abandon work today - Has is Mr AP doing today ?

No news is good news thus far.... (touch wood)

Here comes the BOOOM!

"The Movistar team ups the tempo at the head of the peloton. Mikel Landa announced he'd attack on the col d'Izoard. Only 17 riders remain in the Alaphilippe group. Dan Martin is dropped."

What a mental day. 

Movistar hammering it now, lets hope they dont just bring everyone back to Quintana.