Tour de France 2019

gummibear

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy oh boy, we are going to see some suffering today!

Just for the fun of it, let's put some moisture down on the roads...

Well at least it won't be hot[emoji6]

OK... me Lady, in view of new evidence then Rowe at least deserves punishment.

Maybe they should add some weight (bricks) to the riders bikes instead of expulsion

Force then to ride at the back of the peloton for the next 3 stages not allowed to help their team... [emoji6]

OK... me Lady, in view of new evidence then Rowe at least deserves punishment.

Maybe they should add some weight (bricks) to the riders bikes instead of expulsion

No ways Swiss that's way to easy for them. A far better punishment would've been to have them start an hour after the peloton with no grace period wrt the cut off time. Especially now that Hell week starts today!

Two years ago, my son and I was fortunate to cycle in France and as part of the trip we rode offroad single track from the top of Col du Galibier all the way down to La Selle-Les Alpes where we were staying and the cycle school is situated.  Today they will be going up!

post-53742-0-29024700-1564036839_thumb.jpg

post-53742-0-60742600-1564036856_thumb.jpg

post-53742-0-26032000-1564036873_thumb.jpg

Two years ago, my son and I was fortunate to cycle in France and as part of the trip we rode offroad single track from the top of Col du Galibier all the way down to La Selle-Les Alpes where we were staying and the cycle school is situated.  Today they will be going up!

Such an icon. Must have been a great thing to do with your son. Nice work. 

Ah, but in this video it looks like Jumbo is running Thomas off the road first right at the beginning of the clip?

https://twitter.com/ebbenieuweboer/status/1154108552417599488?s=20

Rowe tried to bring Thomas to the front but there was no space for that [emoji2368]

Were Jumbo supposed to move over so that Rowe could put Thomas at the front.? Territorial scuffle that exploded into unsavoury actions from 2 riders that should be better than that.

Edited by Gen

When I first read the story I really thought that the punishment is way to severe for a  bit of handbags being thrown. But after seeing all the videos emerging on twitter there was clearly more going on between the two teams.

Both guys acted inappropriately and caused danger to other competitors and even fans next to the road. They deserve to be kicked off the race!

Edited by RudolphP

It's a pity this sort of rubbish behaviour is overshadowing what is destined to be the start of 3 days of proper do or die racing.

All this conjecture points to illustrate why we, as a society, are failing. People firmly arguing opinion when they don't know the facts. Needless to add that most people are arguing against the disciplinary action handed out by an elected panel with accepted and elected authority.

If you do the crime, you do the time. Unfortunately consequence for ones actions seems to now be 100% debatable. 

People feel they can get away with anything and when sanctions are imposed, 5 million people are up in arms on socials.

Absolute power to the people has had Trump and Boris elected into 2 of the most powerful seats on the globe. Somethings gotta give eventually

Ah, but in this video it looks like Jumbo is running Thomas off the road first right at the beginning of the clip?

Is this the correct summary of events?

Inneos were trying to move up the inside and there was just no space. Thomas backs off early - but Rowe (??)  runs out of space ... pulls a Sagan and makes some space, upsetting a few people (Martin included). Martin then pulls a Prince Nazeem, Rowe then tries to pull a Vettel ... which all results in a Red Card for both.