Makro Cannondale

Eugene

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also had a look at it at Makro Vaal. Seriously considering this to replace my 8 year old commuter MTB, which also is a Cannondale. I have no need for the latest and greatest components just to cycle to work and back. I am however holding back a bit for the Trial 5 which I think is the better deal at only R500 more.

Edited by Jaco Steyn

Saw one today. Riser bars were facing downwards. If they cannot get the handlebars right, what about the rest of the build.

Can i have some suggestions of what one can buy for R4,5k that is a better option than the Trail 5 ? i don’t see much retailing around that price range , or perhaps i don’t know where to look .

Can i have some suggestions of what one can buy for R4,5k that is a better option than the Trail 5 ? i don’t see much retailing around that price range , or perhaps i don’t know where to look .

far as i can see this only really worth if u want the name and build up with proper parts ( which wont end up much cheaper maybe 10 klippa )... u can get brand new shwinn's or gt's for about a grand more with better specs prob even at lynden cycles or solomons .

far as i can see this only really worth if u want the name and build up with proper parts ( which wont end up much cheaper maybe 10 klippa )... u can get brand new shwinn's or gt's for about a grand more with better specs prob even at lynden cycles or solomons .

Not worth it tbh.

Straight steerer head tube, 9mm qr dropouts will all just add to your woes. Plus the frame is from 2015/16? Meaning geometry is outdated and you’ll just be throwing good money after bad.

Just look for a 2nd hand bike in that price range and sell it at minimal loss again when you want to upgrade.

Not worth it tbh.

Straight steerer head tube, 9mm qr dropouts will all just add to your woes. Plus the frame is from 2015/16? Meaning geometry is outdated and you’ll just be throwing good money after bad.

Just look for a 2nd hand bike in that price range and sell it at minimal loss again when you want to upgrade.

Agreed on the 2nd hand option, but at this price point are buyers really concerned about the other points you raise?....just asking. I reckon a lot of people just want to ride around the neighbourhood and the odd dirt road.

Agreed on the 2nd hand option, but at this price point are buyers really concerned about the other points you raise?....just asking. I reckon a lot of people just want to ride around the neighbourhood and the odd dirt road.

For that purpose, yeah it’s a perfectly fine bicycle. But my post and the post I quoted refer to upgrading the bike’s parts.

Thanks for the suggestion on the Silverback , it seems like a decent option ...... not a lot of options in the 2nd hand market at that price that are not even older than the 2016 Cannondale , which would also mean outdated geometry etc , and used to boot .... please help !

So everyone was going apeshit over a bike that was priced exactly as you would expect it to be?! 

#fuckingconsumerism

Sad that these bikes have Cannondale stickers on them.

Sad that these bikes have Cannondale stickers on them.

SA is a such a small market. Head to Europe and you will find budget models for almost all "top marques".