Cannondale SuperSix HillClimb <5kgs

UK-Saffa

my dad has a AX lightness brake set. 

i doubt he will be using them going forward - not sure if they are lighter than what you currently have?

if you are interested PM me

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my dad has a AX lightness brake set. 

i doubt he will be using them going forward - not sure if they are lighter than what you currently have?

if you are interested PM me

Pm sent

Great weights and products, although I’m very happy with my SiSL2 crankset, at 488g for a full allow bb30 chainset, it’s decently light. The derailleur obviously is amazingly light, but mechanical, so that rules me out straight away.

Being in Cape Town has been great, the bike has been flawless and a dream to ride around the hilly peninsula, until a punctured tub. Oh well, **** happens, good thing Ive got spares back home, silly I didn't bring any with me.

Got a moment while out on Chappies to get a semi decent photo. Should've removed the bottle and tool keg, but you get the idea.

post-104156-0-81754700-1545214761_thumb.jpg

Also managed to get a an up to date weight. This is with the more 'standard' Look Keo Ti Blade pedals, 4.95kgs. With the M2Racer Orbit Ti pedals, I expect around 4.87kgs.

post-104156-0-32348100-1545214993_thumb.png

For now, I think this will hang around in the garage through winter and I plan on spending some time with my other Supersix, getting it a bit lighter, its currently around 6.5kgs, an d I think with little effort it can be closer to 6kgs, but it doesn't need to be much less, after all, with the Lightweights and its Team paint job it looks better anyway. The light bike will be used on the rare pristine summers day, and the HC season next year.

Thanks for reading and for all the input on weight loss, some of it was rather interesting. :clap:

Hang, have I not seen this bike somewhere before? GCN maybe? Dunno, somewhere international and famous

Edited by partydave

Hang, have I not seen this bike somewhere before? GCN maybe? Dunno, somewhere international and famous

Not GCN, I do have a very slowly growing insta page (@_mycannondales_)

It has been featured in a few insta cycling pages as well

Not GCN, I do have a very slowly growing insta page (@_mycannondales_)

It has been featured in a few insta cycling pages as well

This is going to haunt me till I get it and then it may not even be the same bike  :blink:

This is going to haunt me till I get it and then it may not even be the same bike  :blink:

Could it be this?

Apologies for taking this a bit off topic, UK-Saffa. For what it's worth, I prefer your build. Maybe see you on the road while you're here.  :thumbup:

Edited by Nick

This is going to haunt me till I get it and then it may not even be the same bike :blink:

Hopefully it comes back to you, I’d love to know if in fact you have seen it elsewhere ????

• 4 weeks later...

Something that may interest you...

Sorry never read all the latest posts to see what your cages weigh.

Carbonworks did a lighter 5g version in the past, but sadly not anymore, my TUNE cage weighs roughly the same, 8.2g if I remember correctly.

I recently weighed the bike after I got home from my trip, all in with pedals it was 4.85kgs, probably as light as it will ever get. Its for sale now, why, I had a goal, I hit it, and now its time for a new challenge.

post-104156-0-18344900-1547723652_thumb.png

thank you to everyone for the input on this build, its been great fun

Carbonworks did a lighter 5g version in the past, but sadly not anymore, my TUNE cage weighs roughly the same, 8.2g if I remember correctly.

I recently weighed the bike after I got home from my trip, all in with pedals it was 4.85kgs, probably as light as it will ever get. Its for sale now, why, I had a goal, I hit it, and now its time for a new challenge.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2019-01-17 at 11.12.41 AM.png

thank you to everyone for the input on this build, its been great fun

Hopefully the price is low like the weight :ph34r:  :whistling: