Jumping lights

Andreas_187

I heard an apt/funny thing on a podcast this morning. The guy was talking about why his friend had moved from road to mtb. 

He said if something goes wrong on the road, its the drivers fault. If something goes wrong on a mtb trail, its all your fault... 

Unitl someone stabs you or strings barbed wire across the trail or ties you up, shoots you etc. etc

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unitl someone stabs you or strings barbed wire across the trail or ties you up, shoots you etc. etc

That escalated quickly

I honestly think we need start naming and shame our fellow cyclist that act like complete idiot on the road.

Especially the ones that swear at you when you telll them not to skip a light or stop street etc.

And when they are in their cars and drive like idiots with the bike on the back.

Good luck with that in Cape Town. You cannot police every person that does something stupid. I get that everyone wants a safe and happy place but sometimes you just need to let karma do its job. I can assure you that your ride will not get past your gate if you try and police people in Cape Town. It has turned into a circus. I just do my best to look after myself and be as safe as I can possibly be. Red lights, green lights all mean the same to me, slow down and look both ways at least twice before proceeding. Then look again and go if clear. I do not want to become a statistic just yet.

Agreed, it is not like I want to police someone, just that when someone skips a light and I say "oi that is still red" and get the "F*&^ You" back then I want to post his name somewhere. Then maybe just maybe he won’t do it again because his action now has repercussions 

Agreed, it is not like I want to police someone, just that when someone skips a light and I say "oi that is still red" and get the "F*&^ You" back then I want to post his name somewhere. Then maybe just maybe he won’t do it again because his action now has repercussions 

But I have received a lot of those expletives even from a very-prominent-on-bikehub group of dc riders...

There's even okes in  BikeHub kit who have been seen to give other cyclists the middle finger when called out on running red lights.

Copperhead is right, it's impossible to police when no one really wants to be the change/

Best anyone can do is practice what they preach and not say one thing on bikehub and then do the opposite on the road/trail

a person that responds to you in that way will not change their behavior because you chided them - it's like hooting at a taxi; if it changes future behavior, go ahead, but if not, all you're doing is making a noise

That escalated quickly

But its on point.

Crashing on a MTB is usually your own fault, or likely an eBikers fault. 

But there are other dangers in MTBing, like the bike jacking and trail sabotage etc that seems to be common these days too.

But I have received a lot of those expletives even from a very-prominent-on-bikehub group of dc riders...

There's even okes in  BikeHub kit who have been seen to give other cyclists the middle finger when called out on running red lights.

Copperhead is right, it's impossible to police when no one really wants to be the change/

Best anyone can do is practice what they preach and not say one thing on bikehub and then do the opposite on the road/trail

Woah woah woah....

But its on point.

Crashing on a MTB is usually your own fault, or likely an eBikers fault. 

But there are other dangers in MTBing, like the bike jacking and trail sabotage etc that seems to be common these days too.

I think its mainly Table Mountain at the moment, cannot believe how many muggings are happening! 

Pretty safe in middle of nowhere... 

I think its mainly Table Mountain at the moment, cannot believe how many muggings are happening! 

Pretty safe in middle of nowhere... 

Believe it or not, South Africa is bit bigger than just the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town.

Believe it or not, South Africa is bit bigger than just the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town.

Either way, the fact that these stories spring (so freshly) to mind, its a sad state of affairs

That was my point, but Stellnbosch is not too far behind :P

We get it - you jealous of our mountain. 

Ha. Stopped at a light this morning on my commute. A dude came through the other way, doing something on his phone with one hand and straight through the light. When I called out to him, he just smiled and gave me the middle finger. I had to laugh at the time.

We get it - you jealous of our mountain. 

Not really, we have our own obstacles to overcome here in the big smoke.

Archived