Giro d'Italia 2019

ScottCM

Gibbons 5th... Not sure if the other two riders in the break are so happy for the winner. He was sucking wheel the last few km and then had some left in the tank for the sprint...Very close finish!

Edited by W@nted

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting 3 stages coming up!

It is for Carapaz to lose now, he just has to avoid nature breaks and crashes -Nibali has used both of those before as opportunities to attack. (Hence not a Nibali fan)

Edited by Christie

Ackerman seemed pissed at not winning yesterday but he still bumped Demare out of the lead of the points competition. So assuming he just needs to make it through the next two days.

Interesting comment about Quickstep not winning a single stage at the Giro this year, didn't even notice it. Probably a repercussion of their big focus on the Classics Season.

Interesting comment about Quickstep not winning a single stage at the Giro this year, didn't even notice it. Probably a repercussion of their big focus on the Classics Season.

Aha, Viviani got DQ'd in that Stage 3 victory of his. Gaviria got the win.

But classics are QS main priority. But they normally get a win or 2 at grand tours. But they at least put someone in the break sometimes [emoji6]

Break already 1 min up the road and wait for it ...... NO TDD riders.

If you were a DS in TDD and you were looking at getting people in the break you'd just pick either Bardiani-CSF or Adironi and say: each of you pick a rider from that team and stick to him like files on nguni.

There is a big difference between picking a stage and trying for the win (like a De Gent or Cummings) and just getting up the road, getting the jersey there and being there just in case it sticks. 

Today they should have just attacked as a team en mass and TTT'd it from the gun. Suicide but would have looked great. 

If you were a DS in TDD and you were looking at getting people in the break you'd just pick either Bardiani-CSF or Adironi and say: each of you pick a rider from that team and stick to him like files on nguni.

There is a big difference between picking a stage and trying for the win (like a De Gent or Cummings) and just getting up the road, getting the jersey there and being there just in case it sticks. 

Today they should have just attacked as a team en mass and TTT'd it from the gun. Suicide but would have looked great. 

People may actually talk about them without calling them a joke. Even the camera motorbike asked why they were not attacking to get in the break.

Arrived today from my bro. Battle for the pink jersey being played out on the screen, battle with the deadlines being played out with caffeine and a pink dot. 

post-132517-0-73317900-1559305923_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dirt Tracker

This is the best idea ever. The peloton would certainly have not bothered to chase them down.