[Event] Tshwane Classic

Forthelove

Would have been nice if the road surface was better, I would definitely visit Tom more often. Best I could manage up there was a 2:58 when training, but the race got the best of me and in 2019 and I only managed a 3:22. Would love to have another go in a race this year.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So if this event takes place this year, what permit will allow travel to Gauteng from another province? (If level 3 lockdown is still in place)

I presume if we were to be under level 3 and this event takes place, which i don't see those two going together, then nothing would legally get you to Gauteng. 

Let's see what CR says this week, hopefully some good news for events

I presume if we were to be under level 3 and this event takes place, which i don't see those two going together, then nothing would legally get you to Gauteng. 

Let's see what CR says this week, hopefully some good news for events

Uncle CR was apparently instructed by the "powers" to drop the lockdown to level 2, and to open cigarette and booz sales ...  (That is if the various news sources are to be believed).

Under Lockdown 2, inter-provincial travel will be allowed, if the information is correct.

Edited by agilwolf

Would have been nice if the road surface was better, I would definitely visit Tom more often. Best I could manage up there was a 2:58 when training, but the race got the best of me and in 2019 and I only managed a 3:22. Would love to have another go in a race this year.

Imagine someone says that of the cobbled classics...

We don't want the easy stuff, we want to suffer, we want the challenge.. That's the romance of cycling!! 

So if this event takes place this year, what permit will allow travel to Gauteng from another province? (If level 3 lockdown is still in place)

A business meeting Friday afternoon or Monday morning at 07h30...

Lost 5kg during lockdown (Less caffeteria and coffee shop visits during work....), while still maintaining some level of fitness

I really wanna see what that means going up Tom Jenkins at the Tshwane Classic with 80kms in the legs this time round....

Pleeeaaasssseee let this happen...

I also want to test out my legs this time round. 28kg lighter than the last time I rode Tom Jenkins

Should be easier

Edited by JCA12

I also want to test out my legs this time round. 28kg lighter than the last time I rode Tom Jenkins

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Well done!

• 4 weeks later...

most people in SA are going on with life as if nothing is wrong, its like level 0.5 lockdown.

Hope some events do happen, ready to jump into the car for a drive to Jozi.

most people in SA are going on with life as if nothing is wrong, its like level 0.5 lockdown.

Hope some events do happen, ready to jump into the car for a drive to Jozi.

Think you are seeing pockets all along the spectrum of caring.

At our offices, 99.9% of people are wearing their masks throughout the day where stipulated. So the "care" there is quite high.

In the shops in our own suburbs, people are also masked and keeping their masks on. I have entered some shops after forgetting the mask at home and the shop owners have all been very accommodating, so this mask wearing is not being driven by the shops but rather by the community going to the shops.

Yet, just two suburbs further the people apparently don't care at all. No masks, no sanitising at entry, nothing.

Think you are seeing pockets all along the spectrum of caring.

At our offices, 99.9% of people are wearing their masks throughout the day where stipulated. So the "care" there is quite high.

In the shops in our own suburbs, people are also masked and keeping their masks on. I have entered some shops after forgetting the mask at home and the shop owners have all been very accommodating, so this mask wearing is not being driven by the shops but rather by the community going to the shops.

Yet, just two suburbs further the people apparently don't care at all. No masks, no sanitising at entry, nothing.

He didn't mention anything about masks. People are moving on in general.

He didn't mention anything about masks. People are moving on in general.

Cool.

My reading of whether people care about the virus or not is whether they mask up or not when going about their daily activities.

It is the only reference I have currently. I have no idea about restaurant turn-over and other aspects of life that is back to "normal".

What would you present as an indication of "moving on in general"?

Level 1 from 20/09, with a limit of 500 people for outdoor events. I can’t see government dropping level 1 before the end of the year.

Wonder what this event will do if level is still in play.

Level 1 from 20/09, with a limit of 500 people for outdoor events. I can’t see government dropping level 1 before the end of the year.

Wonder what this event will do if level is still in play.

Very eager to know as well, 500x entry fees is not allot to work with to get official road closures in place.

They might run it "virtually" and ask people to use the opportunity to explore their Capital City in solidarity on the day of the event...