[Event] Tshwane Classic

Forthelove

its not very clear.

So if you've entered, will it still be first come first serve on the day ?

So if they allowing 500 people, 600 have entered, you rock up on the day as rider 501 they send you home ?

Surely they can't be that stupid?????? 

:ph34r: How about not capping the start numbers, one mass bunch start and the first 500 finishers get results and as soon as rider 500 is done they pack up and go home.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question.

I'm pretty sure they won't leave it until the actual race day, you should know whether you will be able to ride before number collection starts. Not great for out-of-towners that need to arrange transport and accomodation, but in the current climate it is what it is....

Most fair process would be to go on when the entry was purchased and allow the first "500" or how many that took the gamble, and allow them to ride. You snooze, you lose...

I think a lottery system will be unfair towards those that put their faith in the race early-on.

That makes sense.

But this is 2020, and this is SA, you cant count on what makes sense to be the actual outcome.

Anyway, I've entered, I've paid my monies. I'll be disappointed if I cant get in, but as they say, I can transfer the entry to another one of their events.

Surely they can't be that stupid?????? 

:ph34r: How about not capping the start numbers, one mass bunch start and the first 500 finishers get results and as soon as rider 500 is done they pack up and go home.

Cycle4Cansa had :

-566 finishers at the 104km distance

-242 finishers of the 70km

-3 finishers of the 10km (yes, three....)

So the total cap of 500 seems to be "just a guideline" to some organisers...

That makes sense.

But this is 2020, and this is SA, you cant count on what makes sense to be the actual outcome.

Anyway, I've entered, I've paid my monies. I'll be disappointed if I cant get in, but as they say, I can transfer the entry to another one of their events.

Same. We might get first option of the Joburg Classic...

Would like to ride an event somewhere in 2020, but my home race would be nice.

I am deciding between this and Satellite.

I am thinking of making a trip to Jozi for 1 of these...

Have never done Satellite but heard stories about Hekpoort...

Joburg Classic is familiar roads so might go down better. Decisions decisions.

I sent a mail to organizers for Joburg Classic and they say its all systems go for now.

Any info re waterpoints? None on the FatSheep except for one DIY emergency point with limited water at about the halfway mark.

Any info re waterpoints? None on the FatSheep except for one DIY emergency point with limited water at about the halfway mark.

With the entries essentially capped at 500, I think it will be difficult for the organisers to stock water points themselves. The road closure costs will eat up all their revenue.

There is a chance that they get some companies on board to host feeding zones, but there isn't allot of Marketing money available in the current economic climate, so that also seems unlikely.

Safest bet would be to make sure you have two full bottles on your bike when you depart and hydrate properly before the start in the pens with a bottle that you can throw in the bin. This will give you the best chance to have enough fluids on-board to last the full distance.

Plan to be self sufficient for the full duration. If you know you won't make it regardless of your best efforts then refill at any opportunity that presents itself.

With the entries essentially capped at 500, I think it will be difficult for the organisers to stock water points themselves. The road closure costs will eat up all their revenue.

There is a chance that they get some companies on board to host feeding zones, but there isn't allot of Marketing money available in the current economic climate, so that also seems unlikely.

Safest bet would be to make sure you have two full bottles on your bike when you depart and hydrate properly before the start in the pens with a bottle that you can throw in the bin. This will give you the best chance to have enough fluids on-board to last the full distance.

Plan to be self sufficient for the full duration. If you know you won't make it regardless of your best efforts then refill at any opportunity that presents itself.

good points.

or maybe take some cash with so you can stop and buy something at a garage etc. if things are really tough.

Huh?

It's a 1x 500ml bottle and one gel ride at best.

I am sure they will cap it on entries. Thats what they did at fat Sheep. First 500 that entered and paid got into the race. They then arrange batches accordingly depending on the number of entries per category.

That not ideal, but 30+, 50+ and elite ladies had 1 batch.

Elite men own batch. 40+ also own batch.

I might fill up the bottle on the ride home after the race, when I stop for Russian and chips in Irene.

Lekker BEEF burger for me at Burger Bistro... well deserved.

Jirre, you one water bottle maargatte. [emoji39] On a hot day ( say circa 30C or more) a bloke like me goes through 3 to 4 bottles quite easily on a ride like that!