[Event] Tshwane Classic

Forthelove

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably going to be the same excuses for Joburg classic, being in a "busy" area doesnt help.

Sattelite could still happen as its out of town so to speak. But who knows these days.

I entered for Joburg classic and was going to make it a weekend to visit family, will just have to wait until some event goes ahead.

Well that is very disappointing, especially after their reassurances last week that they are going ahead.

Not cool guys, not cool.

Probably going to be the same excuses for Joburg classic, being in a "busy" area doesnt help.

Sattelite could still happen as its out of town so to speak. But who knows these days.

I entered for Joburg classic and was going to make it a weekend to visit family, will just have to wait until some event goes ahead.

Jip.

In general I think we are seeing the slow death of SA "racing" scene.  

I certainly hope so.

We'll have races for the pros (100 max) and then one or two sportives for the rest for people who do not have Garmins to measure their time over a certain route and needs to use Racetech.

Edited by Spinnekop

I take my hat of to any organizer trying to put on racing in the current state of things and keep racing going.

I think they really tried but were hampered by other factors - I hear TMPD is striking???

Guess what..........now I won't enter the Satellite challenge or the Joburg challenge because they'll take the money and a week before the time just postpone that too.

**** me, the excuses are getting insanely stupid.

I absolutely agree. Not refunding is bad policy. Nobody will trust them with their money for the next entry.

I take my hat of to any organizer trying to put on racing in the current state of things and keep racing going.

I think they really tried but were hampered by other factors - I hear TMPD is striking???

So THERE is the issue.  And now it is Covid.

Convenient.  

Jip.

In general I think we are seeing the slow death of SA "racing" scene.  

I certainly hope so.

We'll have races for the pros (100 max) and then one or two sportives for the rest for people who do not have Garmins to measure their time over a certain route and needs to use Racetech.

I reckon it's back to us organising local kermesse' behind the Builder's Warehouse (or in the local industrial area, like we used to have in Apex outside Brakpan) one Saturday afternoon a month.

I reckon it's back to us organising local kermesse' behind the Builder's Warehouse (or in the local industrial area, like we used to have in Apex outside Brakpan) one Saturday afternoon a month.

my club is working on a Friday evening Crit at Rand Airport. More details to follow soon. Freshly laid tar, fully lit, traffic free and a brutal circuit that should keep things interesting.

Medical is the only stumbling block at the moment, as this is mandatory, and costs money.

my club is working on a Friday evening Crit at Rand Airport. More details to follow soon. Freshly laid tar, fully lit, traffic free and a brutal circuit that should keep things interesting.

Medical is the only stumbling block at the moment, as this is mandatory, and costs money.

Remember when we used to race across the road at Wesbank Raceway?

Let us have details, I come ride your crit :thumbup:

Remember when we used to race across the road at Wesbank Raceway?

Let us have details, I come ride your crit :thumbup:

Wesbank was cool, 2.5Km but pan flat - only the wind as a factor on certain parts.

The circuit we have is 1.72Km long with 18m elevation gain per lap, and two tight-ish corners that require you get out the saddle. Plus the wind as it’s on the ridge.

I’m guessing it will be similar to an over-under style workout, 40/20 or 30/30 twice per lap. 12-15 laps depending on duration of each race. Bring a bucket [emoji1785]

I'll be there.  

Sounds fun

I sent them an email, raising my displeasure of how this was handled.

They reimbursed me my entry fee.

I am still unimpressed with the way they handled the whole thing, but at least this shows they want to make amends.