State of Durban Beachfront Friday to Monday Morning after the Parties That Go on all night there

BluffGrunter

Howzit Everyone

Those of you from Durban who frequent the Durban Beachfront to Cycle Run ect will have noticed the Absolutely disgusting mess that is left behind after the night Parties that go on there. This has become a regular occurance every Sat and Sunday morning. The Place looks like a war zone and there are still quite a few people still partying ( Who then leave to drive home while we are using the roads to live a healthy lifestlye)

This regular weekend occurance has now started to happen on a Thursday night and a Sunday night too. Some of you might have seen the videos trending on FB.

When evenst like Tinman and Durban Ultra and a few Half marathons happen we have to cycle and run through this disgusting pig stye that is left behind. it is really off putting and I my self wont be doing anymore events in this area until something is done. As it just spoils the mood and atmosphere.

I have got a hold of the Deputy Mayors Email address Hazel.Moonsamy@durban.gov.za

For those of you concerned and care about this issue please take a few minutes to email her and voice your concerns and send videos and pictures if you have.

We need to put an end to this lawlessness and lack of respect for other beach goers and people in general.

I don't want to turn this into a thread with everyone's Ideas and so on. Just if you could email her so that we can get the municipality to sort it out  as it is their job.

Regards

Grant Guerin

Howzit Everyone

Those of you from Durban who frequent the Durban Beachfront to Cycle Run ect will have noticed the Absolutely disgusting mess that is left behind after the night Parties that go on there. This has become a regular occurance every Sat and Sunday morning. The Place looks like a war zone and there are still quite a few people still partying ( Who then leave to drive home while we are using the roads to live a healthy lifestlye)

This regular weekend occurance has now started to happen on a Thursday night and a Sunday night too. Some of you might have seen the videos trending on FB.

When evenst like Tinman and Durban Ultra and a few Half marathons happen we have to cycle and run through this disgusting pig stye that is left behind. it is really off putting and I my self wont be doing anymore events in this area until something is done. As it just spoils the mood and atmosphere.

I have got a hold of the Deputy Mayors Email address Hazel.Moonsamy@durban.gov.za

For those of you concerned and care about this issue please take a few minutes to email her and voice your concerns and send videos and pictures if you have.

We need to put an end to this lawlessness and lack of respect for other beach goers and people in general.

I don't want to turn this into a thread with everyone's Ideas and so on. Just if you could email her so that we can get the municipality to sort it out  as it is their job.

Regards

Grant Guerin

This is called active citizenship, kudo's for taking on the mantle. Hopefully the mayor comes to the party. Mashaba is driving this - AreSebetseng here in Joburg. Maybe you can adopt something similar over there.

Terrible state of affairs.  Bodies all over the place, vomit, poo, overflowing toilets, used ladies personal products, condoms, plastic glass, drugs....man I could go on.  I kid you not, true story.

I have done the mail thing and the "Mayors Office" says they are busy with the problem.

Keep it up Grunter, it is good what you are doing.

Durban gets its name from the Dirtbin which it is.

Blue flag beach/s WTF!

Tinley manor has the same problem on weekends. Don't expect much action, it's been addressed with the council on multiple occasions to no avail. What I really don't get though is the need to smash every bottle (in a public area) rather than just leave it in a pile to be cleaned up. It's almost malicious.

Well done guys; good enthusiasm. DSW do try and clean up as soon as they can but it's been like that for 15 years or so.

So, I nearly fell off my chair as Hazel forwarded my email within an hour to the following people:

Sipho Nzuza  -Sipho.Nzuza@durban.gov.za

Raymond Rampersad - Raymond.Rampersad@durban.gov.za

Jenny George - Jenny.George@durban.gov.za

Robert Abbu - Robert.Abbu@durban.gov.za

Rishni Govender - Rishni.Govender@durban.gov.za

Bonnie Nzuza - Bonnie.Nzuza@durban.gov.za

Clearly these are the people that need to be contacted to try and sort this out.

The email I sent:

Good day.  On behalf of the members of East Coast Cycling Club, I would like to lodge a formal complaint with the Mayor’s office regarding the disgusting mess being left along the Durban beachfront, particularly in the Bike and Bean area and along to the Laguna Beach Pools.

We are witness nearly every weekend to drunken revelry, litter, urinating, broken glass and public drinking.  To make matters worse, these drunk individuals then get into their cars and taxis and drive off, endangering lives.

This happens nearly every weekend and is worse when there is a big soccer match or concert at Moses Mabhida Stadium or People’s Park.

Why is there no effective policing?  Is it going to take a death to put a stop to this?  Because if that is what it takes, it will be tantamount to MURDER.  Knowing that it is going to happen will almost make it premeditated!

The Mayor wants to market the city as a sun and sports destination and yet our Promenade, one of Durban’s biggest assets is left a disgrace.  In fact I was at a function on Saturday night where she told the guests at the 21st Anniversary Dinner at the Durban ICC how much was being done to attract tourists to Durban.  Well if she could have seen the mess, she would have been embarrassed!

It’s time for the City and the Metro Police to do something once and for all to put a stop to this lawlessness.

I await our esteemed Mayor’s response.

--

Thanks

Daryl Harris
Chairman – East Coast Cycling Club
083 777 6796
chairman@eccc.co.za

The email I sent:

Good day.  On behalf of the members of East Coast Cycling Club, I would like to lodge a formal complaint with the Mayor’s office regarding the disgusting mess being left along the Durban beachfront, particularly in the Bike and Bean area and along to the Laguna Beach Pools.

We are witness nearly every weekend to drunken revelry, litter, urinating, broken glass and public drinking.  To make matters worse, these drunk individuals then get into their cars and taxis and drive off, endangering lives.

This happens nearly every weekend and is worse when there is a big soccer match or concert at Moses Mabhida Stadium or People’s Park.

Why is there no effective policing?  Is it going to take a death to put a stop to this?  Because if that is what it takes, it will be tantamount to MURDER.  Knowing that it is going to happen will almost make it premeditated!

The Mayor wants to market the city as a sun and sports destination and yet our Promenade, one of Durban’s biggest assets is left a disgrace.  In fact I was at a function on Saturday night where she told the guests at the 21st Anniversary Dinner at the Durban ICC how much was being done to attract tourists to Durban.  Well if she could have seen the mess, she would have been embarrassed!

It’s time for the City and the Metro Police to do something once and for all to put a stop to this lawlessness.

I await our esteemed Mayor’s response.

--

Thanks

Daryl Harris

Chairman – East Coast Cycling Club

083 777 6796

chairman@eccc.co.za

Nice Daryl

I think she has received a couple hundred emails today as i sent her email address to everyone I know in durban and they have FWD the address to everyone they know.

lets keep the ball rolling. if nothing is done soon then the next step is organising a March to her offices.

Regards

Grant

Well done for trying, but I think its farting against thunder................first world thinking does not go well with majority third world citizens..............

I agree.  Not negativity because this happens time and time again.

Just that I feel better bitching as I see the mess every day.

I am the same as you Grant, I refuse to enter any events that take part in this area of Durban. I am an avid triathlete and have not done a single Tinman, Ultra or 70.3 this year never-mind all the running events that use this stretch of coastline.

Have also sent an email.

I have sliced so many tires due to broken bottles on that stretch its actually crazy!

2 weeks ago our group was almost taken out twice by the same drunk driver on a Thursday morning. He managed to get his polo airborne not just once but twice over the circles and then still drove away on the M4.

Something needs to be done here before one of us is killed!

Different area but it's the same down my road on a Monday. I don't even pick up the rubbish now....well..I do...but I chuck it in the neighbours garden as that's where it comes from...sadly I think it's getting like this nationwide...

Edited by Mojoman