Will you buy local?

Bakkies

Is Lyne not also South African?

If it looks and performs good and the price is not way out. But I think I will agree with the guys here in the more higher end scale of things and personalised or is that just me on that bit.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Momsen vipa = yes, yes and yes ... and there are probably other very good south african bike frames ...

other bits will only consider .. shimano + fox + rockshox = yes

O yes and probably anything from Italy ...

essentially anything that has been proven to work in race conditions ...

Designed in SA but made in the East, same as most other "local" brands.

South Industries is local but same price more or less as the imported, and some would say more proven, products.

Our labour is too expensive and then why sell it at a massively discounted price when the imported stuff costs so much.........

I agree. SA is capable of producing amazing products. My problem has always been able to afford a "quality" parts at a affordable price. It would be so nice to have quality parts that most can afford

I agree. SA is capable of producing amazing products. My problem has always been able to afford a "quality" parts at a affordable price. It would be so nice to have quality parts that most can afford

Is Lyne not also South African?

If it looks and performs good and the price is not way out. But I think I will agree with the guys here in the more higher end scale of things and personalised or is that just me on that bit.

Lynne is imported into SA.

If Morewood managed to make a name worldwide and still sell competitively here, why not others? As long as the quality is on par and the price reasonable.

My Zula was my last “local” purchase, at that stage supported in EU (Germany)

A bit miffed that they (MW) are no longer around

EDIT:

Also had 2 SA made road bike frames ( Exocet ) before my current Spaz Paris Roubaix ..... look where that ended up...

Because of this and as I don’t buy new bikes very often, my next next bike purchases will most likely be big name international brands

Edited by SwissVan

Swissvan adds a valid point into the mix.

When you contemplate quality,price against overseas competitors as well as “is the company going to be around 5 years from now?”

The answer to would you buy local is probably NO.

Having said that my South rims are as good as anything I’ve ever ridden so there are some very few exceptions.

I'm doing a bit of market research. Will you buy local manufactured parts. From the past we have had several bike manufacturers and parts manufacturers who has made excellent world class products. What does it take for the sa market to take a product serious?

Could you spill just a couple of beans pls?