Is SRAM Red eTap 12-speed coming soon?

shaper

Could we be close to seeing SRAM’s wireless groupset get an extra sprocket?

https://road.cc/content/tech-news/251253-sram-red-etap-12-speed-coming-soon

sram-red-etap-12.png?itok=6SeBkGUB

We all heard about Nino Schurter testing 1x12 Etap around the Stellenbosch Mtb World Cup early in the year, I was convinced they would release that groupset by Sea Otter or at least Eurobike.  Why on earth haven't they?  Thought landing that punch just as Shimano finally launched XTR 1x12 would have been a masterstroke.  Relatively simple upgrade kit as it only requires the Etap RD and a wireless shifter.

Now Campy sort of got the jump on them on road 2x12, though disappointingly still missing an EPS option.

This spypic's setup looks comprehensive as there is a new crankset as well.  Red is in need of an overhaul.

I'm told the Eagle eTap MTB and Road groupsets will be launched at the same time early 2019.

bye bye cables!!

eTab for MTBiking is way overdue... Come on SRAM, what is with the delay - it should be under the Christmas tree...  Was suppose to be "from me2me" for my birthday, now it looks like it will not even be "from me2me" for Christmas... #agneeman #cryalittle 

eTab for MTBiking is way overdue... Come on SRAM, what is with the delay - it should be under the Christmas tree...  Was suppose to be "from me2me" for my birthday, now it looks like it will not even be "from me2me" for Christmas... #agneeman #cryalittle 

Apparently issues with battery life.

I'm told the Eagle eTap MTB and Road groupsets will be launched at the same time early 2019.

bye bye cables!!

and Hello Mr OVERDRAFT ching ching ^_^

Apparently issues with battery life.

Eish, this is the reason I gave away my XTR Di2, and about ready to ditch my Di2 on my RoadBike (loosing all battery power over 10 days without using the bike!).  Shimano SA cannot fix the power draining issues on these batteries, fact is there is not much they can do these days.  #pity #greatproduct #poorservice #pathetic #wasteofmoney #crysomemore  

linked with PM, HR and cadence = automatic gearbox 

Saw that yeah, quite cool. Now they only need to build in a bit of AI so it can learn how you use your gears instead of you trying to set it up and they have automated the whole process!

bye bye cables!!

and bye bye to all my cash!