Black Friday & Cyber Monday Nov 2018

Slowbee

I am really trying to stop kneeling at Mammon's altar. My rampant materialism must be curbed. My coffee break routine of browsing the classifieds on avforums and bikehub ... the finely curated whitelist of retailers that pop up in my gmail promotions tab .... the frisson of the dopamine hit as my eagle eye spots a bargain ...

Ooooohhh i NEED an IDT .... WAHOO!!!!

You’re allowed to kneel at Mammon’s Altar once

Make it count though

Then repent with steady and consistent holiday rolling of a minimum of 6 hours a week.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chair Fallen Off..... The people who are not advertising are doing the best deals??

Obviously not everyone who scan their tags will get their bill paid..but i was pleasantly surprised.

I am really trying to stop kneeling at Mammon's altar. My rampant materialism must be curbed. My coffee break routine of browsing the classifieds on avforums and bikehub ... the finely curated whitelist of retailers that pop up in my gmail promotions tab .... the frisson of the dopamine hit as my eagle eye spots a bargain ...

Ooooohhh i NEED an IDT .... WAHOO!!!!

Haven't seen great deals on these though!  I should have pounced at 947 expo, Wahoo were selling the Core for R13.5k

Anyone seen any good TV deals? I don't want Amor's one. Preferably a new one...

Big screen tvs are huge this week and are flying out the stores. My local Matrix even had a 55inch Samsung for around 8k I think. Bargain. Makro is pumping out 75 inch tvs.

I went to Menlyn Mall after work to try make sense of the MTN upgrade deals and see what exactly my options are. 

So apparently they spent the day upgrading loads of peoples contracts with the options they had available (I think the ones they emailed to the 50GB crowd), none of which included a device, and then at 4pm they got an email with more deals which they could offer to people which included a device. (I think only to the 50GB upgrade crowd though). The lady behind the counter said she felt pretty bad for all the people that upgraded before the new deals, but wasn't sure if they'd be able to change now. If you're one of those people though, I think it might be worth your while to see if you can change your deal tomorrow if you're unhappy with not getting a device. 

Also found a pair of prizm road Oakley Racing Jackets for R1500 at Sunglass Hut.  :thumbup: 

I bought from 3 online stores.

How times have changed..... Nothing from Chain Reaction or Evans (delivery and customs crap) and nothing from Chris Willemse (I dont support Cyclelab). Hoping the other local guys will match their effeciency though.

Did my part to support capitalism and bought a couple of things on Black Friday I have been holding out on, or just bought it and will probably sell it on the Hub Classifieds in June when I still have not used it....

Locally I bought from CWC, Evobikes & Bikemob.

CWC - Parcel is still lying in at Dawnwing in CPT, and been there since Tuesday

Evobikes - After The Courier Guy sent my parcel to the wrong hub and I had to direct it to Gauteng myself it should be delivered today. 

Bikemob - I have no idea

International I bought from Merlin Cycles and Cicli Mattio

​Merlin Cycles- Delivered yesterday 

Cicli Mattio - Delivered yesterday

​I thought that Cape Town was closer to Gauteng? Seems it has moved.... 

Edited by Traveler