Black Friday & Cyber Monday Nov 2018

Slowbee

Please explain to me where you are saving?

I reckon it's only a saving if you were planning on buying a new Volvo or luxury SUV anyway. Then I think getting 10k a month back for a year is a serious saving.

Otherwise it's just a great marketing plan from Volvo to put big numbers in front of your eyes while they empty your wallet.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon it's only a saving if you were planning on buying a new Volvo or luxury SUV anyway. Then I think getting 10k a month back for a year is a serious saving.

Otherwise it's just a great marketing plan from Volvo to put big numbers in front of your eyes while they empty your wallet.

That money you are "getting back" must come from somewhere though.

So what they do is take the discount/margin in the vehicle and use that to offset the monthly payments.

Rather take the discount and buy the vehicle at well below Retail price.

1. Your total finance cost will be +-R100k less over the period (depending on discount that they give)
  2. If you finance @ retail price you will be married to that vehicle as you wont be able to get a trade in price close to what you owe the bank (even more so on a Volvo)

That first year will be magic though  :devil:

That money you are "getting back" must come from somewhere though.

So what they do is take the discount/margin in the vehicle and use that to offset the monthly payments.

Rather take the discount and buy the vehicle at well below Retail price.

1. Your total finance cost will be +-R100k less over the period (depending on discount that they give)
  2. If you finance @ retail price you will be married to that vehicle as you wont be able to get a trade in price close to what you owe the bank (even more so on a Volvo)

That first year will be magic though  :devil:

I'm currently married to a Honda, which I'm trying to divorce. I don't think I'm ready for another serious relationship just yet  :D

Guest Ratchet road

as far as I know CWC will not have a black friday special....

Oh. I was looking forward to their ask what you want special. :(

My grapevine might have some mildew growing on it.....  ( and now I am not refering to blue waffles) 

Just keep an eye open. Messages get mixed up with the via via via channels. 

will we ever see those specials again with the new ownership?

Hello Hubland,

Started this thread to share any worthy cycling related deals, specials and promotions for the 2018 Black Friday and Cyber Monday events. I'm starting this separate thread because after the events die down, we can go back to using the "Daily Deals & Specials" thread for out of season stuff.

My submission (too bad I don't have any sensors that can read a power meter, and it is 170mm unfortunately):
R3239: https://www.buycycle.co.za/black-friday-products-2018/day-2/stages-power-meter-dura-ace-track-170mm/

Edited by Admin
Merged with existing thread

I fear that those days are behind us, my planned purchase of a new pair of Oakley sunglasses on one of their leka Black Friday deals has now been changed to something else as I don't foresee anything tangible coming from CWC.

Hell, even this cracker "sale" they are having is the same stuff they have had on the website on special for the last few weeks, but just under a new shiny name and banner. . .

Hello Hubland,

Started this thread to share any worthy cycling related deals, specials and promotions for the 2018 Black Friday and Cyber Monday events. I'm starting this separate thread because after the events die down, we can go back to using the "Daily Deals & Specials" thread for out of season stuff.

My submission (too bad I don't have any sensors that can read a power meter, and it is 170mm unfortunately):

R3239: https://www.buycycle.co.za/black-friday-products-2018/day-2/stages-power-meter-dura-ace-track-170mm/

meh, my thread was specifically for posting cycling deals only, not discussing who wants what colour undies for black friday. Heck, this thread doesn't even have any tags, while I posted tags making it easy to find through a search engine looking for cycling related black friday deals. Like merging a discussion between soccer aunts with rifle dads, nevermind then

Edited by Dirkitech

Today looks like the day to spend your ebucks...

Bought a fridge for R8k for 40% off  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Where from I'm looking as well.