Racers fail doping tests for EWS

Capricorn

Shame sorry your sensitive feelings got dented. Will have to be more careful with you next time princess.

as soon as wada or the UCI conduct proper and regular audits on producers of pharmaceuticals and supplements I'll take responsibility for what I ingest. As it currently stands many of the supplement producers fail audits but wiggle their way to satisfactory outcomes through manipulation and money. Hence I minimise my use of supplements.

But how clean is the milk I buy at woollies? How clean is that steri stumpie? The only way any reasonable person can be held 100% responsible for what goes into their bodies is if they grow their own food.

But please feel free to call this post out as ridiculous because it doesn't suit your narrative. And you have the cheek to tell me I played the man..... Lol

Thanks, confirmation that you are 13 years old... I'll leave you be. Don't want you to get on Santa's naughty list

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

on a different note

is that a pic of the actual "laceration"? if so, europeans need to harden the Fark up man...

Most guys I know would have first shoved it in all their friends faces for laughs (because boys right?)... douched it in whatever was handy, clean it and then go their merry way pretending it doesn't hurt.

But that is the problem today with peeps and doctors wanting prescription meds and antibiotics to fix everything.

Your body is more resilient than you think, just be sensible.

But you probably wont get cancer/aids/gangrene from a silly cut on your shin unless you rub it in some squirrel corpses laced with rabies or something.

Go home, clean it....and drink some cement for the pain. :whistling:

I was attempting an enduro stage race in the Alps in 2015 and fell off multiple times on day 1 and on one I cut my ankle in the Achilles area. Back at the base camp the doctor stitched me up on the floor of the med tent but was very worried about an infection. (The wound had been under a sock all day so it wasn't very dirty) and insisted on prescribing antibiotics. I wasn't worried at all but took them anyway and didn't see a hint of an infection at any point.

I think it would have been fine either way and no masking agents came up as a possibility if things had gone south :-)

Reading the additional stuff on PB it seems that MM/his team did not go and check the drug after the race and immediately apply for a TUE and only applied for a TUE when the adverse finding came out. This is what probably counted against him. That said, seeing as nobody in their right mind uses the stuff to mask other drugs as its so easy to detect, you have to wonder, based on the evidence, why the UCI didn't find him not guilty. 

There's also a post from a person who claims to be a doctor who says that the medicine prescribed is a strange way to deal with an infection and a better way would have been to change the antibiotic as the prescribed one wasn't working. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Shame sorry your sensitive feelings got dented. Will have to be more careful with you next time princess.

as soon as wada or the UCI conduct proper and regular audits on producers of pharmaceuticals and supplements I'll take responsibility for what I ingest. As it currently stands many of the supplement producers fail audits but wiggle their way to satisfactory outcomes through manipulation and money. Hence I minimise my use of supplements.

But how clean is the milk I buy at woollies? How clean is that steri stumpie? The only way any reasonable person can be held 100% responsible for what goes into their bodies is if they grow their own food.

But please feel free to call this post out as ridiculous because it doesn't suit your narrative. And you have the cheek to tell me I played the man..... Lol

How on earth do you get to the conclusion that it should be WADA and UCI's responsibility to conduct audits on supplement producers. What budget do you think they have?

They set the guidelines. If a supplement manufacturer wants to target pro-athletes it's their own responsibility to ensure there's no 'illegal' or banned ingredients. And if the pro-athletes wants to use any supplement it's their responsibility to use only from reputable suppliers.

It's really that simple, and no need to pass the buck or make up straw man arguments that your steri-stumpie could be tainted.

There, your post is ridiculous! 

Edited by stefmeister

How on earth do you get to the conclusion that it should be WADA and UCI's responsibility to conduct audits on supplement producers. What budget do you think they have?

They set the guidelines. If a supplement manufacturer wants to target pro-athletes it's their own responsibility to ensure there's no 'illegal' or banned ingredients. And if the pro-athletes wants to use any supplement it's their responsibility to use only from reputable suppliers.

It's really that simple, and no need to pass the buck or make up straw man arguments that your steri-stumpie could be tainted.

There, your post is ridiculous! 

Well, to be fair, a tainted steri-stumpie is about as believable as tainted cow flesh or pharmacists with dope covered hands. 

But, ja. DID, your argument for a reversed burden of proof is nonsensical. 

Well, to be fair, a tainted steri-stumpie is about as believable as tainted cow flesh or pharmacists with dope covered hands. 

Drinks Ster-stumpie,

tests positive for Tren and HGH.

Bad_Luck_Brian.jpg

Reading the additional stuff on PB it seems that MM/his team did not go and check the drug after the race and immediately apply for a TUE and only applied for a TUE when the adverse finding came out. This is what probably counted against him. That said, seeing as nobody in their right mind uses the stuff to mask other drugs as its so easy to detect, you have to wonder, based on the evidence, why the UCI didn't find him not guilty. 

There's also a post from a person who claims to be a doctor who says that the medicine prescribed is a strange way to deal with an infection and a better way would have been to change the antibiotic as the prescribed one wasn't working. Can anyone shed any light on this?

you answered and then asked in the first paragraph: that late TUE is what did him in. Poor management in my view. While I commiserate with Martin, these school fees are going to be a team effort.

As for the second question, its going to be interesting to see which medical professional is willing to disagree. They almost never do in public. Besides they can literally bury their mistakes  ^_^

Darryl doesn’t like comments about Mr Min...

Since GT and Maes have been so keen to declare innocence on which ever platform they appear, and tbh, i tend to agree with them in this instance, i'm curious as to why they didn't bother to pursue the appeal.

In my view, i think they are doing this because they don't have an argument against the detail within the reasoning of the UCI for the sanction: the timing of that TUE. They fudged it completely.

If Maes doesn't win the overall, his and team GTs commentary could be interesting.