Cyclocross

nathrix

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pidcock disappointed with 4th, but in a few years no-one remembers 3rd or 4th.

Who? Brutal race. Big respect to all. 1 Degree without gloves for some. How's that average speed?

Woohoo. Nice job MvdP!

Yeah I thought it was over when he fell.. but yeah luck plays a part sometimes.... shees they are so powerful .

I am rather happy with the result (not that I am emotionally invested in either rider [emoji6])

Edited by Gen

.... shees they are so powerful .

Amazing to see the kop of the Elite Men's race riding the sand from the ramp to the sea, compared to the other races, and those last sections of sand before going up again. I was cramping just watching.... reminded me of those sandy roads of Lion Man near Bela Bela, I once cramped up badly when hitting sand at fill tits. In fact it was the first and only time I experienced debilitating cramp.

That was indeed a proper course for a World Champs. The sand might have favored some more than others. But there is no doughty about it, you had to be fit. 

I give the organisers 10 out of 10 for creating an exciting route(not that the usual routes are boring) but images of them riding in the waves and a 21% gradient bridge will be making wallpapers for a long time. Super exciting race. I wanted WvA to win but still a great race.

On a side note, not sure if it was just the cold but MvDP and WvA both looked seriously cross on the podium. At least TA looked happy. MAybe it was just the life long rivalry and they both just can't stand being together on the podium or what but it looked really odd.

I also loved that fan zone with cardboard cutouts, 

I think Wout took himself way to far in the red zone after the flat to try and catch up and then never properly recovered from that.  He should have try to close the gap more steadily rather, BUT shoulda, woulda, coulda,  ...  MvdP won, well deservedly. 

I give the organisers 10 out of 10 for creating an exciting route(not that the usual routes are boring) but images of them riding in the waves and a 21% gradient bridge will be making wallpapers for a long time. Super exciting race. I wanted WvA to win but still a great race.

On a side note, not sure if it was just the cold but MvDP and WvA both looked seriously cross on the podium. At least TA looked happy. MAybe it was just the life long rivalry and they both just can't stand being together on the podium or what but it looked really odd.

I also loved that fan zone with cardboard cutouts, 

The live announcer and simulated crowd noise were also cool!