Cyclocross

nathrix

Seeming we are a bit off topic, I been meaning to ask. What is that coating you are putting on the bikes that I see on your Instagram feed? Looks very interesting and you seem to be doing a lot of it of late.

It's a nanoparticle silicon dioxide (ceramic) coating. It makes your bike hydrophobic so water/dirt runs off really easily - your bike doesn't get as dirty when you ride and it's way easier to clean. It also adds salt and UV resistance and a little scuff resistance.

I'm the agent for them in Denmark: https://proteambicyclecare.com/en/

There are a few people using the system in SA - 2 in Cape Town and 1 in Pta is memory serves.

post-2412-0-19657000-1611834418_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eldron

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The matt/gloss paint job on the Canyon Aeroad has been my favourite coating so far. It camew out beautifully. 

The coating makes a little more sense here in Europe where they salt the roads and cleaning your bike when you live in an apartment is tough but I would unreservedly recommend it for anyone. I tested the product for about 6 months on my own bikes before taking the agency and am totally support it.

I have also coated my coffee machine, phone screen and variuous TVs and monitors I have in the store :-)

The matt/gloss paint job on the Canyon Aeroad has been my favourite coating so far. It camew out beautifully. 

The coating makes a little more sense here in Europe where they salt the roads and cleaning your bike when you live in an apartment is tough but I would unreservedly recommend it for anyone. I tested the product for about 6 months on my own bikes before taking the agency and am totally support it.

I have also coated my coffee machine, phone screen and variuous TVs and monitors I have in the store :-)

LOL I remember seeing the coffee machine picture.

This stuff sounds awesome. Thanks for the info.

I don't think there is too much mud there - lots of sand and a big bridge and a hippodrome.

On that subject I read that Roma has put in a big for Worlds in a few years time at the Circus Maximus - that should be fun!

That sand is going to be sapping the legs!!  I see a fair few running it when tired...

Even with nice wide MTB tires sand like that is not fun, that's probably going to determine the race unless it rain a lot and it becomes muddy.  I'm glad its them and not me.

Going to be an interesting race regardless.