Cyclocross

nathrix

2017, I think was the year, almost everyone was puncturing, except Wout. His tyre choice made the difference on the day, compared to MdP’s team having upwards of 20 punctures, as well as damaged wheels.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2017, I think was the year, almost everyone was puncturing, except Wout. His tyre choice made the difference on the day, compared to MdP’s team having upwards of 20 punctures, as well as damaged wheels.

The frozen course in Luxembourg, that was rough...

Some of these shots, along with Allaphilippe on the crest last year, will be around for a while.

The shot of Anna is still the best one for me ..esp the video clip...she was so smooth..brilliant filming [emoji122]

• 9 months later...

Revving an old thread because.....cyclocross doesn't get enough appreciation.

I've been watching a lot more of it since moving to Europe and what is not to like? The riders are all pretty chilled and relaxed, they're ridiculously strong (hello Matthieu, Wout, Tom etc), the racing is short, hard and full of drama, beer is an integral part of the sport...

The only thing I don't like are the bikes getting horribly abused ????

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2021 at 8:31 PM, kosmonooit said:

This is going to be a flippen good race. How do you watch it in SA? Does Supersport have it?

Edited by Stalen Ros

1 hour ago, Stalen Ros said:

This is going to be a flippen good race. How do you watch it in SA? Does Supersport have it?

Yes !!

1 hour ago, Stalen Ros said:

I think Super$port shows the UCI World Cups but I VPN to Sporza  VTM etc  and GCN+ shows all the races, but with geo restictions that vary

Should be excellent racing tomorrow: Vos is back although Lucinda wont be there, she is really on fire once again this season. With the mens: Woutkop and Tom are back as well, Wout really gave the toppers something to think about last week! Tom just strechted his legs and I sure will be in the kop group

Apparently one of the reasons its being held in the snow is to try push it onto the Winter Olympics agenda,

Edited by kosmonooit

Daughter of Maggie, 17!  Youngest ever (lady?) to win televised Belgium elite CX race. Okay everyone else is in Italy and Lucinda is on  a training camp in the Balearic islands, but it is what it is, She has been featuring top 10 this season

Edited by kosmonooit

38 minutes ago, kosmonooit said:

Daughter of Maggie, 17!  Youngest ever (lady?) to win televised Belgium elite CX race. Okay everyone else is in Italy and Lucinda is on  a training camp in the Balearic islands, but it is what it is, She has been featuring top 10 this season

She has the right father to be a top notch cyclist! Amazing young talent!

Van Aert dominant for 3 out of 3. Piddy getting better. Bring on the return of MVDP. Between him and an improving Piddy we should have a decent race soon instead of follow my leader/Van Aert....

I watched both races and while not as exciting as some of the other CX races the snow had an interesting dynamic. Everybody had to adapt and some fared better than others. You had to be smooth