Cyclocross

nathrix

1 hour ago, kosmonooit said:

Tom has won lots of CX races in the mud

How many in the last 6 months? He has not been anywhere near this dominant in muddy condition this season. 

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, jcza said:

I'm getting old and grumpy but the name already pissed me off....🤬

2022 Walmart UCI Cyclo-cross World Championships

Add to that insult the track, weather, weak beer etc 

would have been more fun if they rode on walmart bikes.

4 hours ago, Eldron said:

How many in the last 6 months? He has not been anywhere near this dominant in muddy condition this season. 

Yes he hasn't done much CX this season, its a side show to his road career now with a focus on the classics. His CX target was Worlds and well that worked out well init.

He got beat at the muddy Namur but that was a good race. When he was at Trinity they did a vlog after each race, that was fun and a good insight.

I'd rather wait a while before placing legendary status upon the winner and hailing him as the best thing since sliced bread, like MvdP and WvA anything can happen let's see ... it would appear however by all accounts that I'm alone and I'm ok with that 😎

6 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

I'd rather wait a while before placing legendary status upon the winner and hailing him as the best thing since sliced bread, like MvdP and WvA anything can happen let's see ... it would appear however by all accounts that I'm alone and I'm ok with that 😎

Ahem Brabantse Piil ahem 😉 Plus - Olympic XCO champs gets instant sliced bread status.

2 hours ago, Eldron said:

Ahem Brabantse Piil ahem 😉 Plus - Olympic XCO champs gets instant sliced bread status.

Add junior & u23 CX, junior TT, u23 XCO world championship. Also junior Giro and multiple other races and national championships. 

1 hour ago, jcza said:

Add junior & u23 CX, junior TT, u23 XCO world championship. Also junior Giro and multiple other races and national championships. 

100% - I only mentioned Brabantse because he beat Wout there!

Wasn't he near the front at road worlds too? Top 10 if memory serves.

6 minutes ago, Eldron said:

100% - I only mentioned Brabantse because he beat Wout there!

Wasn't he near the front at road worlds too? Top 10 if memory serves.

3rd at u23 road race in Yorkshire and 6th at world champs last year. Add 2nd at Amstel Gold, 3rd KBK, 6th at Flèche and 5th at Strade Bianchi. 

Sorry ou's (JayCee and Oldron) but  it takes time to develop that kind of status to me. ... We'll see, like I said I'm happy to be the outlier in this case 😈