Munga 2018 Race news

The Munga

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what happens now. Two riders Van Zyl and Le Roux took the wrong route and nearly ended up in Koffiefontein. They then seemed to catch a ride to just outside vd kloof. They were travelling at 110kmph at a stage. They are now sitting in second and seventh place respectivly. So what now I wonder

So what happens now. Two riders Van Zyl and Le Roux took the wrong route and nearly ended up in Koffiefontein. They then seemed to catch a ride to just outside vd kloof. They were travelling at 110kmph at a stage. They are now sitting in second and seventh place respectivly. So what now I wonder

They might be traveling in / on a vehicle on the same route as the current racers (other racers who are still active and in the race)...that is why they might show as "being in the race", but actually they are already out of contention? But I could be wrong... :eek:

RB almost has a 20km gap and flying  :thumbup:  

Going to sleep now...will follow up again early morning...good luck to all the Munga riders throughout the night!!

It's been interesting to follow them today  :clap:  looking forward to the next few days.

I wonder if Marco & Benky we’re marking each other and in the process let Ramses ride off into the sunset? It looks like a consistent 10km gap for the past hour.l that I’ve been following now.

10km gap on the first night.

That means didly squat in the grand scheme of things. Long way to go

10km gap on the first night.

That means didly squat in the grand scheme of things. Long way to go

its 20kms now, hope you are right though.

Stefan le Roux is now showing as scratched.

Van Zyl went back - but not all the way to where he got into the car?

Whayne is way way off course he might end up in Kuruman

at what stage do they consider rider safety and go fetch him?

Archived