The Veganism Thread

Odinson

Well, well, well. 

2s5s5gdsp8u31.jpg

On Wednesday, Bruce Goldfarb, assistant to the Maryland Department of Health's chief medical examiner, confirmed toTODAY that the celebrity chef died in his sleep last month after succumbing to the disease, which occurs when fats, cholesterol and other substances build up and harden in the arteries and then restrict blood flow. 

https://www.today.com/food/food-network-star-carl-ruiz-s-cause-death-revealed-t164780

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But Vegans are still 20% more at risk, no? I'll take a chance with my healthy omnivore diet.

Have a look at the study. It was discussed here not too long ago.

Wife made this Vegan Pizza tonight. Mostly ok but the “cheese” was cashew nuts, crushed with some other stuff with yeast and it was k@k.

Edited by WrightJnr

A superb article. With some excellent socio-political pointers.

Compulsory reading for some of the eedjit trolls.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/oct/25/why-do-people-hate-vegans

That is simply too long a piece to read this time of a Friday. I've nearly used up my energy and just about all my alotted words for the week.

But I really don't think there is anything like a "war on vegans". Really! Maybe some ridicule and name calling, but "war"? Nope.

That is simply too long a piece to read this time of a Friday. I've nearly used up my energy and just about all my alotted words for the week.

But I really don't think there is anything like a "war on vegans". Really! Maybe some ridicule and name calling, but "war"? Nope.

It's called the long read for a reason...

The "War" references are a bit hyperbolic.

But it is worth a read.

When you get the time of course.

Go have a look. Someone turned it into a vegan discussion - for a couple of pages.

Pappa Odi, please can you go fetch that dude, he is not doing the cause any good. Maybe he will listen to you and your boner.