Odinson

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary Fettke has a good take on the originals of the Vegan fad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3FWxOsgwTg

(Firstly, I was ready to scream listening to the constant sound of this guys saliva'y mouth opening, good grief, aaargh)

That aside, I feel this way about most documentaries I watch. There's some amazing insights and 'bringing to light' and stunning uneducation that I need to remember. And then, because I don't think its humanly possible to be unbiased, theres always a moment when I think - ok now we're 'placing' points and helping the viewer to reach a conclusion. 

I was having this conversation just a day ago - that with the internet et al you can easily find any answer you want, backed by as many truths as you want.

Its very frustrating actually.

On the video, I agree and appreciate a lot of what he said, especially regarding the medical/healthcare industry and hidden agendas directing our beliefs.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90455889/kfcs-beyond-meat-chicken-is-a-damn-miracle

Interesting stat from this article....

'As a recent Kroger study found, 93% of people who bought Beyond Burger had other animal proteins in their cart.'

(I looked up the study, it should say - over the 26 week study, people who bought Beyond meats also bought animal meat during that same period.)

I think its been covered here before that many vegans don't like fake meats, and its mainly only the vegetarians and flexitarians that do. Still, to exclude all vegans and vegetarians I find this number surprisingly high.

(Firstly, I was ready to scream listening to the constant sound of this guys saliva'y mouth opening, good grief, aaargh)

That aside, I feel this way about most documentaries I watch. There's some amazing insights and 'bringing to light' and stunning uneducation that I need to remember. And then, because I don't think its humanly possible to be unbiased, theres always a moment when I think - ok now we're 'placing' points and helping the viewer to reach a conclusion. 

I was having this conversation just a day ago - that with the internet et al you can easily find any answer you want, backed by as many truths as you want.

Its very frustrating actually.

On the video, I agree and appreciate a lot of what he said, especially regarding the medical/healthcare industry and hidden agendas directing our beliefs.

You mean like going to the library and reading the Encyclopedia Britannica ...

It's my birthday this Tuesday???????? and I baught myself a secondhand XX1 derailleur and Gx 11 speed shifter and an XT casset, cost me R900 total. I baught the new parts because my old 10 speed derailleur wouldn't shift lekker no matter how hard I tried. Today I took the old 10 speed parts off and saw that my derailleur hanger's bolts were loose???? and that's why it shifted so crap.

I heard that my Gx shifter only had 10 clicks in it and not 11 so I disassembled the shifter completely and rebuild it to see why it only clicked 10 times. It took me 2 hours to assemble it again and then found out that it should only have 10 clicks????????

I'm selling these plants for R40 one.

They are one of many plants used to make perfume. I'm unsure about the name but took me quite a while to grow. If you rub your fingers against the leaves you can smell its fragrance.

I also grow ???????? plants. 30cm long for R50 each.

Just one of my hobbies I'd thought I'd share.

post-130759-0-19522800-1582556741_thumb.jpg

Edited by Josh_the. Man

They are one of many plants used to make perfume. I'm unsure about the name but took me quite a while to grow. If you rub your fingers against the leaves you can smell its fragrance.

I also grow ???????? plants. 30cm long for R50 each.

Josh, are you trying to sell pot on the hub? Hahaha this is absolutely amazing.

I also grow plants. 30cm long for R50 each.

If it's a fragrance ingredient plant, it's probably a Rose geranium plant, Pelargonium graveolens, or some other malva plant.

If it's a fragrance ingredient plant, it's probably a Rose geranium plant, Pelargonium graveolens, or some other malva plant.

ow yeah you're right. It is a bit different than the normal malva you would find in the cape but very very simular.

This is wild. If its accurate. (and its equal to 5000 litres for those of us that needed to google....)

post-90313-0-32734900-1582694314_thumb.jpg

Not super accurate, but also not that far off, depending on the size of the patty. 

This is wild. If its accurate. (and its equal to 5000 litres for those of us that needed to google....)

hjX3dIYIgVX9SaeBw_22F_XaVix1kuHHbA-_tQUG

Just curious, how does one save water, and what does this saving result in? 

I would think eating less meat would reduce water usage at that point in time but not save water per se. 

Edited by IceCreamMan