The Veganism Thread

Odinson

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok fine. **** it. I’m going to start milking almonds.

I’m 99% vegan already. Just milk and cheese left to drop

Milking Almonds requires 1000’s of liters of water to produce. So while the Cows are now happy to sing “Moo”, they might frek of thirst anyway....

Guys ive found myself a vegan girl 'friend'

I was at a party and I saw 2 of her friends there. I asked them what their thoughts was on their friend being vegan. Both of them said that she can be irritating and that its all she talks about and that she must be delusional to think eating animals is wrong.

Anyway, someone is going to loose 2 friends but later that night we smoked some weed and I touched both their boobs.

Ok you've just lost me.

Long lasting weed too.

Grass Muncher... how old are you?

That last post has “13 years old and getting to second base” written all over it.

Edited by DR ◣◢

Milking Almonds requires 1000’s of liters of water to produce. So while the Cows are now happy to sing “Moo”, they might frek of thirst anyway....

true tho. almond milk is not so friendly on the environment some say, but its more a people problem than a vegan problem because not only vegans drink almond milk. Im too poor for almond milk and will treat myself with soy milk now and then.

Grass Muncher... how old are you?

That last post has “13 years old and getting to second base” written all over it.

I must of been hung over from the night before when i posted that the morning.

19 almost 20.

Shae 200ml (Swim)

Claricia, almond milk only

Zoe 80ml

Christo 450ml (Cycling)

Ruben 280ml

Ilke, almond milk only (Running/Gym)

Dylan 120ml (Bodybuilder)

Sune 10ml

Layla, almond milk, Vegan.

William 750ml-1L

Corlia 150ml

Dian 25ml (Rugby)

DC 600ml (Gym/Bodybuilder)

Quelin, no milk (Joburg Boet)

Ben 550ml (Gym/Bodybuilder)

Rizaan 300ml

Pierre 180ml

I took a few of my good friends and I asked them how much milk they drink per day.

The results were quite interesting for me.

All of them are between the ages of 19 and 20.

Edit: this is what I do at a party.

Edited by Grass Muncher

I must of been hung over from the night before when i posted that the morning.

19 almost 20.

*must have....

Is the human body designed to eat meat?

Designed? by whom.

Evolved to it - I'd go with yes. evidence the rest of the apes (whose diet is mostly vegeterian, but not exclusively), and our (reasonably well-known) nutritional requirements for some animal based inputs.

But most sensible(?) vegan arguments don't argue evolution - the more rational basis is that we now have the capacity to not eat meat (through supplements and health monitoring to manage away any vegan diet insufficiencies), and therefore we can choose not to.

Edited by 100Tours

Is the human body designed to eat meat?

I'd say no, but adapted yes 

Is your body designed to eat plants , I'd be inclined to say yes 

the issue is when you bring exclusivity into the mix and then I swing way more towards the meat side 

Designed? by whom.

Evolved to it - I'd go with yes. evidence the rest of the apes (whose diet is mostly vegeterian, but not exclusively), and our (reasonably well-known) nutritional requirements for some animal based inputs.

But most sensible(?) vegan arguments don't argue evolution - the more rational basis is that we now have the capacity to not eat meat (through supplements and health monitoring to manage away any vegan diet insufficiencies), and therefore we can choose not to.

Reading a book currently. Book just highlights the differences in various animals including apes between carnivores, omnivores an herbivores. Seems the human body has not really evolved to eat meat an certainly not in the quantities that we are eating meat.

I am not concerned about morality of eating meat more our ability to actually catch it, rip it apart an our body’s ability to consume it.

Think we can all agree these days we as a population are eating way too much meat.

Reading a book currently. Book just highlights the differences in various animals including apes between carnivores, omnivores an herbivores. Seems the human body has not really evolved to eat meat an certainly not in the quantities that we are eating meat.

I am not concerned about morality of eating meat more our ability to actually catch it, rip it apart an our body’s ability to consume it.

Think we can all agree these days we as a population are eating way too much meat.

I'm in complete agreement.

Isn't the human body amazing. We can fill it with absolute rubbish and by and large it can derive the nutrients it needs.

I would say that we have evolved to be able to process meat reasonably efficiently. I question whether or not that is the most efficient design. I read a few studies a while back about the bodies ability to absorb plant proteins more efficiently than animal proteins. I would say that plant proteins are better, but that does not mean animal proteins are bad, they are just "less good".

My opinion here is that a whole food, plant based diet is the most optimum nutrition programme for humans. But again, that doesn't mean we cannot process or derive the nutrients we need from other sources.

Isn't the human body amazing. We can fill it with absolute rubbish and by and large it can derive the nutrients it needs.

I would say that we have evolved to be able to process meat reasonably efficiently. I question whether or not that is the most efficient design. I read a few studies a while back about the bodies ability to absorb plant proteins more efficiently than animal proteins. I would say that plant proteins are better, but that does not mean animal proteins are bad, they are just "less good".

My opinion here is that a whole food, plant based diet is the most optimum nutrition programme for humans. But again, that doesn't mean we cannot process or derive the nutrients we need from other sources.

Plant based also carries other benefits for digestion with all of the fiber and easily digestible foods.

There are many endurance and high performance athletes who are vegan so there should be no notable benefits to a meat based over plant based diet.