The Veganism Thread

Odinson

R129.99 this side at Woolies. Definitely keen to try them.

We've been buying from Herbi Vohr recently. (https://herbivohr.wixsite.com/herbivohr)

Really impressed with the pulled pork and pastrami. Great for wraps, sandwiches, and pizza. 

The biltong is pretty spot on too. Keen to try the bacon. Avoid the steak though. It's really weird. 

The bacon is really good, we use it a lot. The pulled pork is great for burritos too.

Their chicken mayo isnt bad either, you need to use it in something where you dont expect it to be the star of the show though.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That mushroom biltong from woolies is super poef tho. Tastes like a woester sauce pine shaving.

The Denny ones are also super ***.

What is delicious is the freeze dried mushrooms, they look normal but are crunchy and have such a good flavour.

Ja, its all my local Spar carries.......Spar has their range of vegan products but its awful.

No a fan of the Spar stuff either. We have a vegan shop very close by and they get all kinds of cool stuff.

Its worth finding a local shop like that to see what some of the new gen products they get. Its definitely improving a whole lot over time.

Beyond meat (no soy btw) is cheaper than real meat in America.

Yes its expensive in SA and so are other meat alternatives but the price will gradually decrease when more people will seek alternative options.

Beyond Burger at Target $5.99 for 2 patties

Grass Fed Beef at Target $10 for 6 patties

I’ve met a few, but in real life you can just walk away and put an immediate end to the conversation.

Online you can just close the app .... [emoji16]

The Denny ones are also super ***.

What is delicious is the freeze dried mushrooms, they look normal but are crunchy and have such a good flavour.

Ja I was also surprised with those. Even the frozen mushrooms are heavy lekker.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't actively bought milk for probably twenty years. My wife still enjoys the odd cereal every now and then but the stuff is almost never in our house. It wasn't initially an animal thing for me but it's become more of an easy sell now that I'm paying more attention to the whole thing.

However, we bought oat milk the other day for the wife's smoothies. And I must say it's quite delicious. I'm surprised how creamy you can make whatever-it-is squeezed out of oats.

Well worth a try.

What happened to Odinson? I came across a post of his on another thread the other day and saw he hasn't been online for almost a year. Decided to ask here because this was his passion.

What happened to Odinson? I came across a post of his on another thread the other day and saw he hasn't been online for almost a year. Decided to ask here because this was his passion.

He had a go at Dale, trying to compare eating meat to racism in some weird form.

But don’t you worry your long tube about it, he is here.... ;)

He had a go at Dale, trying to compare eating meat to racism in some weird form, got called out for that, and left.

Sorry, I missed that, once more?

Just for you.

He had a go at Dale, trying to compare eating meat to racism in some weird form, got called out for that, and left.

But don’t you worry your long tube about it, he is here....  ;)

Activism is not for sissies.

All I can say to the mainstream-ers:

If you haven't tried anything in life, rather be lekka with those who did.

If you have tried it, then you'll be far more informed and have a credible opinion.

The matter of morality. Geez, that is a circular debate that won't go anywhere.

Let’s be glad that the anti-Apartheid activists, Civil Rights Movement, the Suffragettes, etc. didn’t share this opinion. ✌

Comparing vegans to anti Apartheid activists and meat eaters to murderers and rapists. I just cant.. Where do you get the time to come up with these gems?

Edited by Patchelicious

He had a go at Dale, trying to compare eating meat to racism in some weird form.

Ok so if i say im not a racist then its not ok me to be a little bit racist. You're either a racist or you're not a racist. You cant be a little bit racist and still say you're not racist.

So if you say you're against animal abuse and you dont like the way people are treating cow's in the dairy industry but you still drink milk then you're not against animal abuse. That only makes you a hipocrite.

So you cant be against animal abuse but still support the idustry.

On another note, people in china eat dogs, they will even farm with dogs in some instances. Every single one of my friends will tell me its wrong because they are domesticated and social animals and by that reasoning its wrong.

I dont think the dog gives a crap if it is domesticated or not.

So if you eat meat dont be a hipocrite, go have fun and eat dog, cat, monkey, zebra, horse, crocodile etc.

Ok so if i say im not a racist then its not ok me to be a little bit racist. You're either a racist or you're not a racist. You cant be a little bit racist and still say you're not racist.

So if you say you're against animal abuse and you dont like the way people are treating cow's in the dairy industry but you still drink milk then you're not against animal abuse. That only makes you a hipocrite.

So you cant be against animal abuse but still support the idustry.

On another note, people in china eat dogs, they will even farm with dogs in some instances. Every single one of my friends will tell me its wrong because they are domesticated and social animals and by that reasoning its wrong.

I dont think the dog gives a crap if it is domesticated or not.

So if you eat meat dont be a hipocrite, go have fun and eat dog, cat, monkey, zebra, horse, crocodile etc.

Ask ‘Odison’, he is the one who made the comparison Edited by Patchelicious

Ask Odison, he is the one who made the comparison

I dont have to ask Odison if I undertand his comparison. ????

People have done wrong things in the past which they thought was right, just like apartheid and slavery but have in later years learned that it was wrong.

The world is doing something wrong and will only learn in later years that it was a mistake to treat animals like they do as well as the environment

YoU CanT Say ThAt, WhaT AbouT tHe frEeRange AniMAls AnD AniMals tHat arE HuNTEd. ThEy Had A GoOd liFe.

The fact still stands that we cant treat animals humanly if we eat 77 billion land animals per year and 1.5 trillion fish.

Then meat would simply be too expensive. The industry wouldn't be making money.