The Veganism Thread

Odinson

This is easy to refute because most of the worlds grain is fed to livestock.

Yet again you guys only eat humane

'grass-fed' beef.

Lets not be cynical, are you referring to critters or 'sentient' animals?

So how many rodents, and other critters are killed, hundreds thousand?

In Thailand a lot of ducks are shot and poisoned as pests of rice crops.

The rice paddys ducks they kill in Thailand is just part of animal control

just like the rodents they kill.

Yes, my diet still kills animals etc.

BUT my diet isnt responsible for global warming, draughts, pollution, causing a pandemic.

The vegan answer, 'The goal to make the smallest impact as possible.'

Lets look at what Animal farming has done. Animal farming has killed almost the entire Great Barrier coral reef in Australia.

Valid points.

Ps. you might have missed the part earlier on in the thread where i said i don’t eat me. Maybe because I didn’t go full vegan with my announcement.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is your current weight?

How much do you want to lose?

Currently on a 104.7 kilos. Always been relatively heavy. 

I dont have a specific weight in mind, whichever weight my body "settles" on is good for me but  would think its around 88 to 95 kilos. 

Currently on a 104.7 kilos. Always been relatively heavy.

I dont have a specific weight in mind, whichever weight my body "settles" on is good for me but would think its around 88 to 95 kilos.

So basically you'll setttle on the point where your weight loss has hit a plateau. Keep us updated ????

Valid points.

Ps. you might have missed the part earlier on in the thread where i said i don’t eat me. Maybe because I didn’t go full vegan with my announcement.

Ow yeah you said that you still eat cheese and milk a litlle bit.

I was just using the grass fed beef as an example because its the only beef my friends say they buy ????

*I have to admit, unfortunately my money still pays the meat industry as the cow crap is used as fertilizer for my vegetables. I even baught 2 trailers full of cow crap a month ago from a dairy farmer in pretoria.

• 4 weeks later...

So, a little update. 

The idea was for november but i have carried on into December. I have lost 9kilos in total and BMI around 27.5. I did lose more due to covid but have put that weight loss back. 

Have not resumed training as yet but hope to next week, starting slow. One day at a time. 

Regarding pure veganism. I wear leather when i ride motorcycles, during the last 2 weeks i have not been as meticulous and at times i have been vegetarian more than vegan. Wolfed down a vegetarian pizza on saturday in one bite as an example. I do estimate that 95% of my meals were vegan but not 100 percent. Its been a strange time. 

So, a little update. 

The idea was for november but i have carried on into December. I have lost 9kilos in total and BMI around 27.5. I did lose more due to covid but have put that weight loss back. 

Have not resumed training as yet but hope to next week, starting slow. One day at a time. 

Regarding pure veganism. I wear leather when i ride motorcycles, during the last 2 weeks i have not been as meticulous and at times i have been vegetarian more than vegan. Wolfed down a vegetarian pizza on saturday in one bite as an example. I do estimate that 95% of my meals were vegan but not 100 percent. Its been a strange time.

Just keep at it...changes take time....

So, a little update.

You're almost at a healthy BMI, keep it up man.

I've never been to a restaurant where they didn't give me a discount for not wanting cheese on the pizza, so you can just as well include the cheese ????????????‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

Why not‍♀ the vegan memes are good.

I have noticed that a lot of vegans eat tons of bread, this often leads to putting on weight and them wondering why.

Bread wrecks my stomach so I stay away from it, but Im curious as to whether its a staple for other people on plant based diets?

I have noticed that a lot of vegans eat tons of bread, this often leads to putting on weight and them wondering why.

Bread wrecks my stomach so I stay away from it, but Im curious as to whether its a staple for other people on plant based diets?

I like my beans on toast or just toast and peanut butter (sans crack) for breakfast but this is where it stops for me other than an occasional sarmie if I don't feel like going on a mission...

When I cook I cook enough to leave leftovers so I don't have to  use bread as a filler...

Edited by Mojoman

Personally, there's nothing better than fresh crusty bread. We always have a loaf around at home.

2 nights ago for example, we had spag bol, and a beer bread - just because... ????????‍♂️

My brother and I eat 5 slices of sasko brown bread with 4tbsp of peanut butter amd jam for 11pm lunch

(32g of protein, 95g of carbs, 35g of fat....790 calories excluding the jam)

Peanut butter is defenitely a staple.

Personally, there's nothing better than fresh crusty bread. We always have a loaf around at home.

2 nights ago for example, we had spag bol, and a beer bread - just because... ????????‍♂️

Home made?