Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mind lost her life to cancer. I watched some of it. We were not that close. I cannot imagine what you are going through. I hope coming here gives you a little relief if only for a few minutes. This world is not what it used to be. The good people are exceptional but the rotten ones seem to be great in numbers at the moment. Keep it real Sir. Go and see those cute dogs you showed us a while back. Animals have no judgement. They just want love and want to be loved. Humanity is losing its values.

Keep strong Cois.

This world is not what it used to be. The good people are exceptional but the rotten ones seem to be great in numbers at the moment. .

This. And for my own reasons I truly cannot stand HR people. They seem to have lost all the H and maybe the R too. Generalization I know but...

Blooming fascist bureaucrats is all they are.

Sorry Cois!!

This. And for my own reasons I truly cannot stand HR people. They seem to have lost all the H and maybe the R too. Generalization I know but...

Blooming fascist bureaucrats is all they are.

Sorry Cois!!

Seems that you were on the wrong end of HR. I have a totally different experience when it comes to HR reps. The problem here is the recruiting agent is most probably not a qualified HR rep. Most of them have absolutely no people skilss, how they get into recruiting is above me.

That specific should be named and shamed, how do you represent a so called recruitment company. Name and shame the person together with the company.

That’s just plain BS.

The rot of corporate and these blood suckers called recruiters. Sorry there are good one’s out there, but this BS person needs to removed from whoever she’s working for

Company the call came from is GS Recruitment. Can’t find the paper with her name on it. I did some cleaning and must have been one of the papers I threw out.

+27 12 997 2632

1st July 2019

15h50.

Might be because it was just before knockoff time that she decided to take it out on me for wasting her time. But on the first page of my CV I made it clear that I have stage 4 cancer.

Edited by Cois

How you doing Cois?

Hi Gogo@

At the moment I am on a cleaning up week. Getting treatment next week again.

The sleep monster caught me today just like yesterday. Can’t stay awake no matter what I do.

Been having the worst neuropathy this past week, the seizures are also starting to worry me (started after a week of not using cannabis oil) so will ask the doctor what I should do as the oil helps with the neuropathy and seizures). The neuropathy is a dull constant pain in my hands and feet. Using a keyboard is on pain level 9 out of 10 for it., and walking is very very painful.

But other than that I am doing okay. Dropped my glasses today because of the neuropathy and broke the frame. But will deal with the frame with some glue. Need to get a checkup as my glasses no longer works since the chemo treatment. But will wait for the treatment to end before I get new glasses.

Cois, thanks for the update. Really appreciate it. No cannabis oil? On doctor’s instructions? There was a lab raided a week or so ago that was clearly producing for medical purposes. I just don’t get it!!

Hope that this week leaves you stronger even if you are feeling tired.

Take care - you are a total inspiration!

Cois, thanks for the update. Really appreciate it. No cannabis oil? On doctor’s instructions? There was a lab raided a week or so ago that was clearly producing for medical purposes. I just don’t get it!!

Hope that this week leaves you stronger even if you are feeling tired.

Take care - you are a total inspiration!

No problem at all. Glad to give updates. My memory is shot and forgetting even the most mundane things like eating or drinking water, and lets not mention pills...

That is correct, the doctor said that the cannabis oil has been shown (according to research) to lessen the effectivity of the chemo medication. So stopped using on his advisement. He is suppose to know best after all. The one thing about South Africa is that we are thinking like the police of the USA in non legal states. They have one view of weed and one view only. Okay a lot of people use weed for recreation, but they are single minded that all weed equals high people. And to be honest THC oil is the only thing that works for my nausea and CBD helps with my neuropathic pain and the seizures that started again now.

I can feel a little energy returning every day.

Only huge problem is the amount of sleep that I get in every day (less than 4 hours some days due to the chemo) as the sleeping pills get me to sleep but a wake up after taking the pills and then it becomes a battle to sleep.

Just watched an episode of New Amsterdam. Man cancer is HECTIC!!!!

This must be one of the favorite series to watch! And having worked at such an hospital some of the things you see here is portrayed in the series as well. Going to sound silly but longing for the politics at an academic institution. Always fun to watch if you are an outsider...

This must be one of the favorite series to watch! And having worked at such an hospital some of the things you see here is portrayed in the series as well. Going to sound silly but longing for the politics at an academic institution. Always fun to watch if you are an outsider...

Have you watched House of cards?

Have you watched House of cards?

Started, but not a fan of the bloke in it. Still have nightmares of him in Call of Duty [emoji23]

But might be something to try again

To the person who sent me the drone! Dude or dudette... Thanks. Thanks is not enough... I lack the vocabulary to say thank you.

I received a call from a company asking for my details. I thought it was a recruiter making sure of my details. Received an SMS for a package but did not think much of it.

During the chemo session this morning, security phones me, I have a package. So asked them to receive it as I am waiting for another delivery. Received an SMS from a courier company and states that my delivery was done.

Got to security and got a box. Details are my name and number. The address label has been removed.

So open the box and in there is a sealed refurbished DJI Mavic Air drone. And the Flymore kit.

I spoke to a few people about drones and how to add the drone footage as an added extra for the photo ideas I have (taking photo’s of cyclists)

So if you are a Hubber! Thank You! Merci! Dankie! X infinity!

Edited by Cois

So yesterday was a total mess.

Walked into the ward with troubled as my feet are killing me.

The nurse gave me a quick over and said we are going to have to consult the doctor. Now I have been having bit of trouble with my hands over the past few days, but as she took my hands in hers, I saw the problem. My hands were red like tomatoes.

So consulted the doctor, they were not sure why my skin was still covered in a rash from the Erbitux, my feet took a huge beating from the last round of chemo and resembled my hands.

So we did the Biological treatment yesterday, after I had to pay almost R7000 because the medical aid was exhausted, and stopped the Pecaset treatment back with one week to give my hands and feet recovery time.

With that I have to be off my feet to try to ease the stress on my skin, and I have to moisturize it during the day.

Same with my hands. The chemo attacked my hands and was the cause for the redness. Today it is less red, but still painful.

So I am attempting to take it slow, but there are a lot for me still to do. But the sleep monster is on my heels. Can feel it creeping closer and closer every moment.

Oh and was shaken a bit. Asked the doctor if I can stop taking the beta blocker to get my heart rate up a bit so that I could get on the bike and spinning bike and push it a bit. And the reply was a bit of a shocker. He asked me how fast I want to kill myself. The stress chemo puts on the body is huge and the beta blocker help the heart cope with all the stress by lowering your heart rate.

So will have to take it very slow and steady. I can cycle now, just have to protect my skin from the sun and take it very slow. And find a way to sit on the seat without aggravating the tumor.