UCI DH World Cup 2019 Season

Hairy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Greg still recovering from his injury?

Not sure, but I suspect it will be his last year of riding DH professionally. Maybe he should try EWS?

Edited by Jacquers

Not sure, but I suspect it will be his last year of riding DH professionally. Maybe he should try EWS?

been wondering if this isn't the end of an era. I was very surprised he didn't have enough time in the bag to qualify. First time in what, 22 years of racing that Mr Minn failed to qualify? Maybe it's time.

I recon greg has maybe next year left , Gwin prolly has another good 4 years in him and by then Dany and Loic will be seasoned and proably take over the reigns as the "Legends"

....and brosnan will probably still be there ....cause mr consistent 

Some epic racing yesterday. 

Have to eat some humble pie regarding my confidence that Rachel will take the win. Seagrave put a solid run together and beat Rachel outright. 

Figured Danny had it in the bag and the chap could barely keep himself contained in the hot seat. 

Somehow, my gut told me that Gwin and Pierron weren't going to have amazing runs. 

Killer run from Bruni though! 

been wondering if this isn't the end of an era. I was very surprised he didn't have enough time in the bag to qualify. First time in what, 22 years of racing that Mr Minn failed to qualify? Maybe it's time.

Jeepers guys.. Way to write the oke off. Do you know who finished after him in qualies? Danny Hart... Remind me what position he finished yesterday?

When you're not protected and you have an off.. It's gonna hurt your position. Plus he was riding a little slower than normal because he wasn't protected. Just one of those things. Fort William he will be back with a vengeance

Edited by Stretch

Jeepers guys.. Way to right the oke off. Do you know who finished after him in qualies? Danny Hart... Remind me what position he finished yesterday?

When you're not protected and you have an off.. It's gonna hurt your position. Plus he was riding a little slower than normal because he wasn't protected. Just one of those things. Fort William he will be back with a vengeance

I hope you're right. Greg has always been one of those guys that you can't count out.

Some epic racing yesterday. 

Have to eat some humble pie regarding my confidence that Rachel will take the win. Seagrave put a solid run together and beat Rachel outright. 

Figured Danny had it in the bag and the chap could barely keep himself contained in the hot seat. 

Somehow, my gut told me that Gwin and Pierron weren't going to have amazing runs. 

Killer run from Bruni though! 

I also expected Rachel to win, just because of her pedigree. But also seeing her finishes in pre season prep made me think second.  I think she still has to find the sweet spot on that bike. Most likely in the next couple of races, although she is still damn fast on it.

Tahnee's run was superb!

Jeepers guys.. Way to right the oke off. Do you know who finished after him in qualies? Danny Hart... Remind me what position he finished yesterday?

Yeah, rider protection plays a major role. Gregs practice runs were decently fast, plus its mtb, crap happens, u slide unexpectedly, hit a stone and go flying, all part of the game.

When you're not protected and you have an off.. It's gonna hurt your position. Plus he was riding a little slower than normal because he wasn't protected. ....

Sorry, for us newbies ....

What does it mean to be "protected" ?

Where can one stream these events ?

Sorry, for us newbies ....

What does it mean to be "protected" ?

Where can one stream these events ?

I think if you are in the top 20 then it doesn't matter if you don't qualify (based on qualifying runs), you are automatically in for the race run.

Redbull TV live streams the events.

Yeah, rider protection plays a major role. Gregs practice runs were decently fast, plus its mtb, crap happens, u slide unexpectedly, hit a stone and go flying, all part of the game.

Ask Loris! How was that washout Edited by Stretch