UCI DH World Cup 2019 Season

Hairy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nina is slowly turning into a Hype job , good in quali and then race day nothing happens and it's been quite a few races now 

Nina is slowly turning into a Hype job , good in quali and then race day nothing happens and it's been quite a few races now

Give her time to settle...a team behind her that coaches and guides her... She'll be winning in no time. Tahnee took years before she first won... And look at Finn today... Also young and reckless

Bruni was the same in 2017

Tracy needs to push harder to win. 

Cabirou might be a future champion in the next few years.

well, Vali Holl spanked Cabirou's time by a not inconsiderate margin You. might have to reconsider your future champ choices a bit ;)

post-6789-0-31193400-1565531267_thumb.jpg

AFAIK the juniors got a dry track?

wasn't it misty/foggy early in the morning? that will make everything quite slippy.

This is not the first time VH has been the fastest woman in any category.

wasn't it misty/foggy early in the morning? that will make everything quite slippy.

VH said in an interview that the track was misty and it did rain a bit too.

WOW !

Absolute respect to each and every competitor !!!

Those conditions were downright SCARY !

well, Vali Holl spanked Cabirou's time by a not inconsiderate margin You. might have to reconsider your future champ choices a bit ;)

attachicon.gifLenzerheide women vs junior women.jpg

I think Tracey has been riding very conservatively because she realises that this is her one and only shot at the overall. She better pull her finger out for the final round though else she might find her title gone. Realistically when the top 3 return we'll see the winning ladies time drop by quite a margin.

Junior Women

1st. Vali Höll : 3:26.218

Elite Women

1st. Tracey Hannah: 3:27.600

attachicon.gifLenzerheide women vs junior women.jpg

Definate trend here. Would she compete with elites next year?

Yeah Vali will be a sick addition to the elites next year, it's all about continuously raising the bar within categories. However, once again you cannot compare times across events, especially in Lenzerheide this weekend. The track changed like 3 times within the elite men's event alone. A dry dusty Lenzerheide is rough. Slightly tacky from light rain and mist, great. Rainy and muddy, well we all saw how nuts that was.

So amped for worlds! So many people committed to going for all or nothing

It was indeed foggy and wet for the ladies

Took this at the top from next to the start gate, just before the the mens elite DH started

post-182-0-79656700-1565606976_thumb.jpg

Spectators had to use a rope to get up / down in some sections, steep and slippery as hell, saw my arse a few times just walking down

post-182-0-31744500-1565607128_thumb.jpg

Chain saws revving and flares during the Mens DH

post-182-0-49755500-1565607098_thumb.jpg

Grey skies

post-182-0-81902100-1565607381_thumb.jpg

Further down the run the view was unrestricted

post-182-0-35607000-1565607258_thumb.jpg

Definate trend here. Would she compete with elites next year?

i think she is already competitive within the Elite ranks. What she however, will have to become accustomed to, is not being in P1 just by waking up. That's when we will get to see how she deals with racing peer pressure, and how much she still has left in the tank.

If current form portends the future, then the Newkirks and Johnsets of this world are going to be consigned as running mid-pack for the rest of their careers: there's just nothing currently on show that hints at absurd racing speed, the likes necessary for duking it out with the current top 5 women in the world.

As a slight deviation from this "holl" debate....... My daughter is insisting we go watch one world cup event next year (read as try and get a pic with Loic). My heart says fort William... But logistically and picturesquely Leogang seems like the better choice

Given the choice.... What would you go for....Choices are..

Lousa Poland

Maribor

Losinj

Bill

Vallnord

MSA

Leogang

Val do sol

Les Gets