Bike Hub 2019 Commuters Challenge

Imploder

Was chasing to get to my 3000 before you got to 4000. I did notice the last few days you were making it easier than it should have been. If nothing goes wrong, it will happen this afternoon or if I get away late today, then only on Friday morning.

You have been ramping up your commutes nicely lately. I will hit 4000km tomorrow morning. :)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have been ramping up your commutes nicely lately.  I will hit 4000km tomorrow morning.  :)

:) It's a mix of having had to be sensible about recovery between the weekend training rides required for JoBerg2C and Mr Cat-i joining the commuting challenge and now wanting to get up early every day chasing those ahead of him ... he should reach page 1 of the leaderboard before the end of June  :clap:

A few years ago (2016) 4744 kms was enough to get you to the top spot at the end of the year. 

:) It's a mix of having had to be sensible about recovery between the weekend training rides required for JoBerg2C and Mr Cat-i joining the commuting challenge and now wanting to get up early every day chasing those ahead of him ... he should reach page 1 of the leaderboard before the end of June  :clap:

A few years ago (2016) 4744 kms was enough to get you to the top spot at the end of the year. 

Those were the days hey  :whistling:  ^_^

Well done Cat-i on the 3000km mark. 

It was a bit chilly this morning at the start of my commute. Started with minus 8 and it was minus 3 when I got to work. Have to mention though that home is a small holding, probably the reason for the colder than in town temps. 

Wow!

Haven't recorded negative temperatures in the Spruit yet, although it's white with frost every morning. I feel it in my fingers and my toes!

What do you do for cold fingers and toes in that temperatures?

Wow!

Haven't recorded negative temperatures in the Spruit yet, although it's white with frost every morning. I feel it in my fingers and my toes!

What do you do for cold fingers and toes in that temperatures?

I have a pair of Thinsulate or something of the kind gloves that a friend bought for me at Cape Union Mart many years ago. Wear a beanie under the helmet, and try not to get the glasses too fogged up at the stop streets. Cold air on the face and in the air ways doesn't bother me at all. I really struggle with a buff or something similar around my mouth and throat. I also wear a very bright lumo yellow soft shell jacket with a fleece inner together with arm warmers. Makes the upper body feel very toasty after about 5kms.

My toes are really the big issue. Everything is warm when I get to work except my feet. But the commute is short enough so that I stop just before frost bite becomes a factor :D. I have to say that the snot rockets happen more frequently in winter than in summer :whistling:

Edited by SilverRider

Over shoe covers sorts out the cold feet issue 100%. Make sure it's the neoprene ones. My feet stays nice and warm even in the coldest of Temps.

Fingers are still a problem. Still looking for a pair of decent full finder gloves that is actually capable of keeping ones fingers warm.