Bike Hub 2019 Commuters Challenge

Imploder

We met a cyclist walking with his helmet in his hand this morning, looking disorientated ... I asked him if he was ok, and he said he was just mugged at gun point by 3 x persons at the N1 underpass on the Cycle Lanes, where all the recent muggings have been.

Please be aware and ride in a group if you can.

That sucks, how many more muggings until we see some action form the authorities!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lekka commute home yesterday with a rare northerly tailwind, Weeeeeee all the way home :clap: .

On a side note, the roadworks on Otto du Plessis drive after the 2nd circle (Big Bay area) have made the road very narrow for the peeps riding in a northerly direction, be careful as their isn't enough room for a cyclist AND a car.

post-44358-0-68023400-1560323655_thumb.jpg

Just had an interview and if it was successful (which I hope) it would be the final nail into the "commuter challange" coffin for me.  This position will be 100% home office.

I liked your post because I hope you get the job, not because you won't get much commuting in. Good luck, holding thumbs.

I liked your post because I hope you get the job, not because you won't get much commuting in. Good luck, holding thumbs.

Well if this does not pan out, I will be getting an offer next week Friday for a post in Munich.  That would be a 40 km commute one way.

Just had an interview and if it was successful (which I hope) it would be the final nail into the "commuter challange" coffin for me.  This position will be 100% home office.

Could do a daily commute to a neighboring town for groceries, office supplies etc :)

Sick with the flu. Only viral infection so no antibiotics.

Hopefully I'll be back on Monday.

Please keep my podium spot warm in the meantime ????

Life has been happening the last 3 weeks (but that is life :)) and the gap at the top is shrinking and not growing. :) 

Will be up to my normal commuting distance again next week. 

And i need the cushion for when i go on leave. See Eddy is chasing hard.

Got an itchy and scratchy nasal thing going on that is getting worse ... hopefully it will just pass.

Life has been happening the last 3 weeks (but that is life :)) and the gap at the top is shrinking and not growing. :)

Hopefully a LONG leave  :ph34r:

I was chasing desperately :) !

But now .... 2 days commuting left for me ... then a week in Jhb and holiday not long after ... :|

I’ll lose about 3 weeks worth of commuting .... ugh!

Got an itchy and scratchy nasal thing going on that is getting worse ... hopefully it will just pass.

I used to get it often, it would then lead to throat infections.

I now rinse the nose out daily with saline solution and it seems to be keeping things at bay.

I was chasing desperately :) !

But now .... 2 days commuting left for me ... then a week in Jhb and holiday not long after ... :|

I’ll lose about 3 weeks worth of commuting .... ugh!

Lekker. Enjoy the time off.  :whistling:

I will be on leave for a week beginning August and again a week in October. :)

I managed an unexpected commute today. My car is still not sorted and wife is using other car. Had to go and take some photos of an old project that I did about 2 years back.

The project managers managed to lose it and my drive with them on got stolen.

Managed to turn it into a longer ride and got around 55km in.

Better than not logging anything for the week!!!

@cat-i

.... a big number coming up this afternoon !!!! :)

Woop woop !!!!

Was chasing to get to my 3000 before you got to 4000. I did notice the last few days you were making it easier than it should have been. If nothing goes wrong, it will happen this afternoon or if I get away late today, then only on Friday morning.