For the aviation fans

Lotus

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Swiss - that looks like it was taken outside the Air Lowveld hanger, with possibly an Air Lowveld Beech 99 in the background?

Well spotted, how do you know the Air Lowveld Hangars?

Yes Air Lowveld hangar, except the planes in the background are Piper Chieftains.

But they did have Beech 99's as well

Well spotted, how do you know the Air Lowveld Hangars?

Yes Air Lowveld hangar, except the planes in the background are Piper Chieftains.

But they did have Beech 99's as well

We talked about this once before - my dads friend Steve Bell used to take me with him sometimes at weekends when he worked for them. About the same time you were there :-)

@LWB any idea what the story is with SAA's A340 that was supposed to go to Brussels but never seemed to leave ORT

@LWB any idea what the story is with SAA's A340 that was supposed to go to Brussels but never seemed to leave ORT

The one meant to go fetch the vaccines? It was meant to leave Saturday Morning. ZS-SNG, I will see what I can find out, I didn't know that it never went. If it is anything like the last time we got the aircraft ready in a rush to go get vaccines and then all of a sudden emirates brings them in then I am not surprised it never went. It seems the one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. The plane was ready from our side so not sure. 

Driving up Sandton Drive this morning, there looks to what appears to be an old Mirage stuck onto the roof of a small building. Unfortunately, I couldn't take a photo but it didn't look like a mock-up of any sorts. I'll see if I can get a photo on my way home this evening.

The one meant to go fetch the vaccines? It was meant to leave Saturday Morning. ZS-SNG, I will see what I can find out, I didn't know that it never went. If it is anything like the last time we got the aircraft ready in a rush to go get vaccines and then all of a sudden emirates brings them in then I am not surprised it never went. It seems the one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. The plane was ready from our side so not sure. 

That's the one. The aviation skinder is going around as usual, but no one actually knows what is really happening.

That's the one. The aviation skinder is going around as usual, but no one actually knows what is really happening.

Ok so I have asked around, apparently it's a pilot issue. No pilots to fly the plane, or rather non that want to.

What have you heard?

Ok so I have asked around, apparently it's a pilot issue. No pilots to fly the plane, or rather non that want to.

What have you heard?

Haven't heard much, just the armchair pilots moaning.

I wouldn't want to fly the planes either. Not due to maintenance but rather I can't afford to fly for free!

Driving up Sandton Drive this morning, there looks to what appears to be an old Mirage stuck onto the roof of a small building. Unfortunately, I couldn't take a photo but it didn't look like a mock-up of any sorts. I'll see if I can get a photo on my way home this evening.

TimesLIVE: Mystery solved: what that fighter jet is doing on top of a building in Sandton.

https://www.timeslive.co.za/sunday-times/lifestyle/2021-02-16-mystery-solved-what-that-fighter-jet-is-doing-on-top-of-a-building-in-sandton/