Enduro/gravity bike suspension and geo

Headshot

then your tyre is 3mm closer to the drive side than it needs to be. But, if you have wide chain & seat stays, that's not really a problem. Until you realise that your front and rear tyres are out of alignment....

I vaguely remember someone having trouble with derailleur alignment, I wonder if it's related...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The lyrik is an upgrade to the yari but it's not a big upgrade. I did the damper upgrade to a yari (yarik), it's OK. There are probably some areas where it's a noticeable improvement but the yari is a good enough fork. If you have the budget then go for it.

did you do the upgrade to the Charger 2 RC, or the RC2 damper? I find the RC2 to be a huge upgrade in terms of adjustability, which gives me the ability to tune the high speed compression as well. It's not a lot of adjustment, but it makes a large difference. Also - the "new debonair" spring is better (more supple initially) than the one in the previous gen (RC / RCT3)

I vaguely remember someone having trouble with derailleur alignment, I wonder if it's related...

Nope. Not related. The dishing JUST controls where the tyre & rim end up in the space between the stays. There's only one spacer, for the non drive side, 'cos the drive side cannot be spaced. If it were spaced, THEN there'd be a proper snafu as the RD would be out of line wrt the cassette. Cassette must always hug the drive side stays. RD is in a fixed position. And I know all the rear conversion kits only come with a non-drive side spacer. 

So no, you're fine. Your tyres are just misaligned. 

hqdefault.jpg

did you do the upgrade to the Charger 2 RC, or the RC2 damper? I find the RC2 to be a huge upgrade in terms of adjustability, which gives me the ability to tune the high speed compression as well. It's not a lot of adjustment, but it makes a large difference. Also - the "new debonair" spring is better (more supple initially) than the one in the previous gen (RC / RCT3)

Okay cool. I’ll go for the Lyric then and upgrade the charger at a later stage.

here it is

95631.jpg

so to answer the smart chap, @usxorf the thing that got me is i didn't RTFM so i had the small spacer on the wrong side, switch them over and problem solved, as stated by MM all it did was bind the cassette against the stay so i couldn't fastened the rear wheel and couldn't shift up into the 50T, swapped it out and problem solved.

here it is

95631.jpg

so to answer the smart chap, @usxorf the thing that got me is i didn't RTFM so i had the small spacer on the wrong side, switch them over and problem solved, as stated by MM all it did was bind the cassette against the stay so i couldn't fastened the rear wheel and couldn't shift up into the 50T, swapped it out and problem solved.

Well I did say vaguely...

It was the charger 2 damper. That debonair spring upgrade might be worth it, considering how little it costs.

And in a strange twist of events Droo picked up that my Ribbon's stanchions are doing the splits. There is a bigger gap between the stanchions at the bottom than at the crown. He says they have had to warranty a few CSU's so far. Mine is out of warranty, but is covered bt insurance, so I will put in a claim and see what happens. If it does go through I will replace with the reduced offset CSU - winning! (The offset is at the crown, not lowers as I thought before).

Brenton you legend. Sorted this out for me this morning. A few procedural stuff to do still, but it looks like Trailtech will be warrantying the CSU for me and even let me replace it with the reduced offset version.