Accident at Amashova (report from MichH)

NotSoBigBen

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Slowpoke, I saw you on the road but was too late to say hi!! This is not good news. Hope you recover quickly and are not in too much pain. Enjoy the rest and next year you'll be flying again...

GET BETTER SOON !!!

Slowpoke.... slegte nuus. Hoop jy word gou beter, ons mis jou!!!!!! Hoop jy kan wwer vinnig op die fiets kom. Het hulle penne ingesit.... hoop dit was Titanium!!!!!!

Was camping at Gorongoza Game reserve this weekend. Only saw the posting when I came in just now.

BigBen

Please tell Slowpoke, Jokerman & Snapshot is thinking and praying for a speedy recovery !!!!!

Thx man

Just reminds me of the rules......... look ahead, anticipate and dont ever half wheel in a bunch. I suppose you were following the sages advice, so this was a freak accident.

Get well soon!!

Slowpoke...hope you recover quickly and that you can be back on your bike soon!

Strongs girl! We're all thinking of you.xxx

An update, spoke to SP yesterday.  She's flying home today.  The shoulder hurts like hell, but that should go away.  Am going to visit her tomorrow.

hi all, i'm home... thanks so much for all the wishes.

apparently my bunch was flying (according to 2 eyewitnesses that i've spoken to) and when my bike started to flip i screamed and then... silence... must've been the first time in years that i got so abruptly cut off!!

all i know / can remember is that i'd had a puncture early on in the race and then comming around in the emergency room to MichH's hubby, B, being there. then he left but her mom was there. Thank you to all of MichH's family and to amateur for being at the hospital with me - it means a lot.

It's gonna be a long recovery - apparently the break is slightly splintered :-(  - so once i'm able to drive i'll just have to do the support car thing.

i'll be checking in here every couple of nights... dial-up costs are a bit hefty for too much on-line time though. also, it' quite tireing typing with one hand and trying to see through my mashed up left eye doesn't help!

thanks again everyone, and keep on riding cos i'll be back out there on my bike as soon as i can

(ps, to all anti-helmet folk, that giro atmos saved me, i'm sure of it)

Hey Slowpoke,

Well come back. Once again good luck with the recovery.

I had a head on collision in December, also only remember very little about the entire day, but what I do remember is Fatty looking after me till they loaded me in the Ambulance, and the next thing was another cycling buddy coming to fetch me in hospital.....

All the best, and keep us posted.

HugHug

Welcome back!!!!!!!! I am curious did they put Ti pins in????? At least you should have some Titanium!!!!!!

Hi SP, best of wishes and a speedy recovery. Hope you are back on your bike very soon. Don't do what I did when I ended up underneath a car... overcome that fear quickly. Don't wait 10 years like me..