[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour MTB Challenge 2019

JohanDiv

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeding is out.. CL - 07:12. I'll take that.. Nice early start to avoid most of the sun!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Seeding is out.. CL - 07:12. I'll take that.. Nice early start to avoid most of the sun!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Good time to start yes!

This will be my first MTB challenge. Only getting out of the blocks at 08h12!!!  :blush:

Also my first one, starting in CL...

How busy does the trails get once the 60km joins up with the 40km?

I did the 40km last year with an average seeding(Think it was third group of 40km riders) and I was constantly held up by other people on the singletracks. People getting off and pushing up the first 10m technical section 5km into the race holding up everyone. I decided I'm just going to enjoy it istead of getting frustrated.. My tactic was to push flatout from the go and sit and rest behind people on the singletrack where it is impossible to overtake. No need to get angry or frustrated. Ended up doing 2h40min. I'm sure I could have sliced another 15-20min off my time if the singletracks weren't so crowded.

Hoping the 60km route this year has less of that kind of thing happening. But considering it might happen again, I'm just aiming for sub 4hours and enjoying the ride. 

Where the 40km and 60km join most of the singletracks are done and it gets more open for overtaking, don't think that will be an issue.

Can't decide if I should take my trusty 29er or rusty 26er... 

if you take the rusty 26er at least you will have an excuse.................. :whistling: