Who's to blame?

Dadbod Racing

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt justify - You can see i said neither is right.

I just drew out the logical consequences of actions that need to be thought through -  what happens when you dont think and you decide to not understand the environment around you. If you really think its a cool idea to debate bullying with a bouncer that is five times your size then go ahead. I choose to run away and learn to or live to fight another day. I am not what you would call a bold cyclist in many ways any more - but like pilots, you see  very few old and bold in either preofression or past time. 

Taking this analogy to cycling:

If you choose to anger motorists that are clad in steel and who can get enraged by your actions then so be it. Well done. Enraged people are not rational and the likelihood of surviving an encounter with one of them is slim. If everyone anticipated the others and said "hey he's in a rush and stressed, i don't know hs frame of mind" and let the guy through - would this have happened?

Another analogy - i have ridden motorcycles for years and that taught me to ride defensively and always anticipate people doing crazy stuff. Wrong or right makes no difference if you are dead.

Enraged people or emotionally unintelligent or unstable are as you correctly say irrational.

How do you propose that any cyclist should gauge what any irrational drovers trigger is?

It could e your red flapping shirt

the colour or design or your shocks

Your flashing tail light

etc. etc, etc

You place far to much responsibility on the duty of care on cyclists while making excuses for motorists. So if we all listen to your then nothing will change because bullying is ok so its best to just run away....??!!

Rules and rights are not emotional, humans are. Even the most chilled people on this thread have probably lost their temper at one point or another.

If you intentionally antagonise another human with emotions, you should be surprised if they don't react well to it.

I can;t see anything in the cyclists body language that can be seen as intentionally antagonising the driver, except for the cyclist not reacting to the drivers uncommunicated expectations

I can;t see anything in the cyclists body language that can be seen as intentionally antagonising the driver, except for the cyclist not reacting to the drivers uncommunicated expectations

Maybe you should watch the video again. But I am not going to get dragged into dissecting the video, thats why my statement was specifically talking to the general concept of being referencing rules and rights, but are not taking into account that the humans who need to comply with rules deal with emotions.

Maybe you should watch the video again. But I am not going to get dragged into dissecting the video, thats why my statement was specifically talking to the general concept of being referencing rules and rights, but are not taking into account that the humans who need to comply with rules deal with emotions.

I have watched it over and over so I don't see what you see. Hence the request to explain what you see. Not too difficult surely?

I have watched it over and over so I don't see what you see. Hence the request to explain what you see. Not too difficult surely?

Like I said, I made the comment I felt was most apt.

I’m not going get to get dragged into diesecting the video. You can go down that rabbit hole with somebody else.

have another look at "52 seconds" .... no mirrors involved, the cyclist throws his water bottle onto the trucks windscreen

The real irony being that at this point the cyclist had moved over enough for the truck to pass him ....

All I see, as in the '#Foff wheel sucker' thread , is that tjops exist all over the world and in all forms be that cyclists, drivers, pedestrians, grocery shop cashier's etc.

That my friends is humanity, anyone really think every single person you meet is a nice person?

have another look at "52 seconds" .... no mirrors involved, the cyclist throws his water bottle onto the trucks windscreen

The real irony being that at this point the cyclist had moved over enough for the truck to pass him ....

There's no throwing of anything except the punch at the mirror. Then the truck driver runs the cyclist off the road. Pity there's no sound but the cyclist looks back so clearly the truck driver is playing a horn orchestra called impatience.

from the time the trokkie enters the scene its body language scream "get the ****out of my way!!"

the situation only escalates from there and all of it can be averted by the driver simply backing off and taking a deep breathe

Edited by DieselnDust

Nothing justifies what the driver did, yes throwing a bottle at the windscreen is wrong, but using a 2 ton vehicle to run over anyone is taking it WAY too far. As simple as that.

• 3 weeks later...