Dual Bottle Cages for DualSus + Dropper

Jako De Wet

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, anything behind the seat or under the down tube is just cholera waiting to happen.

Try the Holy Rail, it's a good product and has been extensively tested by a guy who rides like a hooligan with no issues yet. You may need to run a 500ml spare bottle, but it's still more than you had before.

A camelback ????‍♂️

Your assumption of the holy rail product failing is yet to be proven. Until then I'll continue to use it thanks.

A camelback ‍♂

Your assumption of the holy rail product failing is yet to be proven. Until then I'll continue to use it thanks.

And your assumption that it wont fail is also yet to be proven. 

Read droo comment above...

I know the hooligan he refers to and I ride like a school girl compared. So Im backing the product to survive many a mile on my bike.

Saw a lady with this setup the other day.2aeb545fc040efbd7a87ae1d894120ba.jpg

Not sure how much clearance there will be from bottle to front tyre if the fork travel is used up in anger ?

How is a water backpack constricting? It’s the safest option there is.

constricting is probably not the best choice of words here, but mine is heavy AF with and then you add your phone, keys, tool, CO2 cans, spare tube etc in there. I would prefer to ride without one if my bike allowed to carry the water etc on other places.

Different strokes for different folks I guess

constricting is probably not the best choice of words here, but mine is heavy AF with and then you add your phone, keys, tool, CO2 cans, spare tube etc in there. I would prefer to ride without one if my bike allowed to carry the water etc on other places.

Different strokes for different folks I guess

Many people "me included" tend to fill the thing to it's max, so if the bladder is 2 L its like an extra 2kg - I now only fill it 750 ml max. makes a huge difference, and is the same then as if i had 2 bottles. The trick is to get one that doesn't have loads of pockets and places to store stuff, because then we inclined to fill it with tools and stuff we never use on the trail just adding to weight. 

I love how guys can so openly bash a product they have never tried based purely on assumption.

Last year I was given a bag of goodies at a bike race and in there was a 'bottle strap' similar to one of those saddle straps but for a bottle.

I tried it out on my top tube.

It doesn't work. Don't get one of those.

Edited by Jewbacca

I love how guys can so openly bash a product they have never tried based purely on assumption.

Last year I was given a bag of goodies at a bike race and in there was a 'bottle strap' similar to one of those saddle straps but for a bottle.

I tried it out on my top tube.

It doesn't work. Don't get one of those.

Totally agree with you. Everyone has a opinion and you know what they say about opinions!