UCI XCO World Cup 2019 Season

Hairy

I’m betting Cape Epic field next year will not be stacked with the best of the best. Those who want to win the Tour don’t race the Giro.

When is it ever stacked with the best? Every year there is one team that totally dominates. The ladies race is a complete joke. Twelve competitors of whom only one team is fully prepared.

I doubt we'll see cannondale and Scott in the Cape epic next year. Their contracts with the race expired this year.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When is it ever stacked with the best? Every year there is one team that totally dominates. The ladies race is a complete joke. Twelve competitors of whom only one team is fully prepared.

I doubt we'll see cannondale and Scott in the Cape epic next year. Their contracts with the race expired this year.

The most important variable on riders doing is Epic is Olympics. If you want a shot at Olympic title you don’t do Epic in same

Year.

The most important variable on riders doing is Epic is Olympics. If you want a shot at Olympic title you don’t do Epic in same

Year.

Wholeheartedly agree. It's medal suicide.

XCO World champ should be the person with the best constant performance throughout the season and should wear the rainbow colors. The once-off world champ thing is silly.

As for the Epic, do away with the 2 man teams. Make the teams bigger and have an individual category and a teams category.

Diffs as well with World Champs is that they ride for their national teams and all sorts of people pitch to ride that are not on the regular private team based World Cups

Normally for Anika The Epic   has meant  she is in good condition for the earlier part of the World Cup season.

Something else is a-miss me thinks, I think it might have something to do with her participation in road events, its a different more cooperative mindset, and then having to battle all these young fearless things on the dirt, which she has always not been that at ease with, especially when it gets technical.

I think shes just fatigued. Too high and too fast a rise in TSS over the first  few months of the year will create a dip and if not careful a dip in immune functions. Can't race through, just need to give your body time to adapt and recover. That's my non coach theory as I saw it happen to me last year. End up with a flu from hell. Don't need to be an elite athlete to experience this.

Annika rode Epic and she rode hard chasing Anna for 8 days. Shes never had a partner who has pushed her so hard.

How is Anna doing in the races since Epic? I haven't followed her much since

How is Anna doing in the races since Epic? I haven't followed her much since

2019-05-18    4th    Amgen Tour of California Womens Race- Mountains classification

2019-05-18    1st    Amgen Tour of California Womens Race- Points classification

2019-05-18    1st    Amgen Tour of California Womens Race

2019-05-04    2nd    ASDA Tour de Yorkshire Women's Race - Mountains classification

2019-05-04    11th    ASDA Tour de Yorkshire Women's Race - Points classification

2019-05-04    28th    ASDA Tour de Yorkshire Women's Race

2019-04-28    12th    Liège-Bastogne-Liège Femmes

2019-04-24    1st    La Flèche Wallonne Féminine

2019-04-21    13th    Amstel Gold Race Ladies Edition

2019-04-14    16th    Healthy Ageing Tour

https://www.procyclingstats.com/rider/anna-van-der-breggen/results

Diffs as well with World Champs is that they ride for their national teams and all sorts of people pitch to ride that are not on the regular private team based World Cups

From my experience (as a spectator) the World Cup series races in Europe are more competitive and harder, purely due to the large pool of depth talent who can enter without having to be a selected national representative.

World champs tend to be more diluted due to team size restrictions and more riders taking part who would normally not be your regular World Cup circuit riders.

Same can be said for the Olympics race right - yet they are races who tiles carry immense prestige, the Rainbow Strips, the Olympic Gold, Siver, Bronze.  Even just to be selected to compete in the Olympics in itself is a great achievement