UCI XCO World Cup 2019 Season

Hairy

Candice is stealing Mariske’s thunder a bit. Might be getting to her. CL has achieved more this season than MS has in the past few years as an elite. Still a fan and I really do hope MS will someday get a shot at top 10 at least. CL might be the one to crack a podium soon and make a mark for RSA. Will be great to see Rob NOT skipping over our Saffers when reading through results.

Looks like Candice Lill is putting up her hand at the right time for Olympic selection.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at MvdP's Complete Schedule thinking what if he squeezes in August 31 – September 1: UCI MTB World Championships – Mont-Sainte-Anne, Canada...

post-4329-0-05394400-1565595387_thumb.jpg

so would/could MVDP be the first rider with a real shot at both the roadie and MTB Olympic gold medals?

makes me think of Frischy,

"He won the Olympic silver medal in 1996. The next day he competed in the men's road race on a Ritchey cyclocross bike after fellow Swiss team member Tony Rominger fell ill. He finished the race in the middle of the pack.[5]"

I see avancini had a concussion after head butting a wooden bridge on the final lap

Oh man

Cheri Redecker was also there. Mariska came in 31st

Cherie was very close behind Marissa, both about mid pack.

After walking the track I take my hat off to them all

It was a killer.

I enjoyed the women's event - a real ding dong battle as they often were last year too. The Worlds should be good. Can't say I found watching Nino get outgunned by VDP, again, entertaining. There's just nobody who comes close top them. Awesome performance nonetheless. 

Candice is stealing Mariske’s thunder a bit. Might be getting to her. CL has achieved more this season than MS has in the past few years as an elite. Still a fan and I really do hope MS will someday get a shot at top 10 at least. CL might be the one to crack a podium soon and make a mark for RSA. Will be great to see Rob NOT skipping over our Saffers when reading through results.

Candice has had a great season. I'd imagine some of the bigger teams are taking note and I guess she is number one on the list for Olympic selection?

Let's not forget that Candice raced to a bronze medal at the XC World Champs in Canberra in 2009. Pauline Ferrand Prevot won that race just over a minute ahead. Candice finished ahead of some big names there; Helen Grobert (off the scene now due to possible hushed up doping scenario?), Rebecca McConnell, Anne Terpstra, Yana Belomoyna. Mariske finished 12th.

Candice has had a great season. I'd imagine some of the bigger teams are taking note and I guess she is number one on the list for Olympic selection?

Let's not forget that Candice raced to a bronze medal at the XC World Champs in Canberra in 2009. Pauline Ferrand Prevot won that race just over a minute ahead. Candice finished ahead of some big names there; Helen Grobert (off the scene now due to possible hushed up doping scenario?), Rebecca McConnell, Anne Terpstra, Yana Belomoyna. Mariske finished 12th.

Helen Grobert retired due to health reasons, Saying her health and mind came first. Edited by PhilipV

I enjoyed the women's event - a real ding dong battle as they often were last year too. The Worlds should be good. Can't say I found watching Nino get outgunned by VDP, again, entertaining. There's just nobody who comes close top them. Awesome performance nonetheless.

Women's event is way more entertaining at the moment