Pigs in the Peleton

Sbloomer

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're a real charmer aren't you. I can see where your head is from here.

I did. About half of them. I ran out of space in my pockets.

Maybe you are blinded on getting there fast rather than appreciating your surroundings. Yeah my time sucks because of it but so what. I’m not there to prove my head is in my arse.

I'm happy to go out of my way to crap on people who purposely drop their stuff in the bunch. Most are quite aggressive.

I report people.

Nothing happens.

Suppose a dashcam is the way to go.

I did. About half of them. I ran out of space in my pockets.

Maybe you are blinded on getting there fast rather than appreciating your surroundings. Yeah my time sucks because of it but so what. I’m not there to prove my head is in my arse.

A bit unnecessary? Everybody rides their bike for their own reason. If it doesn't fit your particular view or style then so be it. No one cares why you ride yours, so don't judge people who ride theirs for different reasons.

I'm happy to go out of my way to crap on people who purposely drop their stuff in the bunch. Most are quite aggressive.

I report people.

Nothing happens.

This is ALWAYS the case. No one takes being called out peacefully, ever.

post-63970-0-16063900-1550471514_thumb.jpg

Not cycling or cyclist related, but photographed this idiot chucking a plastic bottle out the window. I doubt she'll see this, but just know you're a ****. 

Just wait until you find a bin, or even better, learn to recycle! 

I report people.

Nothing happens.

I've once purposely dropped out of a bunch to pick up a guy's Gu packet that he threw away on purpose. Raced back up to the bunch and KUKKED on him from a holy height. To this day (and this was like 10 years ago), he is still skrikkerig around me.

Yes, South Africans are pigs.. Once drove behind a very high end BMW that turned into an estate in Melkbos (resident). Someone in the back just tossed a bag full of KFC wrappers, boxes etc out the window.

Yes, South Africans are pigs.. Once drove behind a very high end BMW that turned into an estate in Melkbos (resident). Someone in the back just tossed a bag full of KFC wrappers, boxes etc out the window.

If it was only in and around the city ....... ok, that is bad enough, I know, but I climb and fish and cycle in all kind of wild places, and you won't believe how people think it is ok to just chuck rubbish everywhere, even in a nature reserve.

If I look around me in Cape Town, then it definitely got worse over the years. I'm not sure if the city doesn't clean up as much as they used to, or if people litter more, but my suspicion is the latter.

The litter I see in the streets are almost entirely shopping and especially fast food related plastic, paper and styrofoam things. I say, let's start charging a deposit on recyclable plastic  and by banning ALL other plastic packaging. Ban ALL fast food restaurants from using the containers they currently use. What must they use? Let them figure it out! Thy cannot simply wash their hands once they hand it to the litterbug masses!  

A meme I made last week...

attachicon.gifreceived_288830448478902.jpeg

Think you missed the big pic of a dog turd for Paris there. The amount of poop on parisian streets in disgusting. 

Back the Gu wrappers etc, I wanted to produce a jersey with  one of the 3 pockets on the back being plastic lined / water proof so you can stuff your messy gu wrappers in there and easily wash it out at the end of the day. The left over stuff wouldn't seep through and get your back all sticky. 

https://www.bikehub.co.za/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

not a new thing.

[here is an email sent to info@stellenboschcycletour.co.za sent dec 2017. no response. have fwd it to PPA as well. also no response] 

Is there a process for reporting an offender?

2.16 A rider shall not dispose of any litter along the Medihelp Stellenbosch Cycle Tour course except in refuse bins. 

It was just before the Val de Vie roundabout
I saw the rider in front of me drop his energy gel stub, then he just threw away the rest of it.
I was right behind him, it was no accident.
I challenged him on littering verbally
He said he will 'come back and pick it up later"

The rider was wearing a blue Toyota branded top.
He was in Group 2K - number is 2766, and his name was printed as "Peter"

I'm happy to cooperate in any process taken from here
regards

since the authorites don't want to do anything about it. here he is

Peter de Villiers (no, not snorre)
if you're in 2H in the Argus, tell him he's a tjop

I've often wondered if chucking a banana peel or something organic is acceptable, or not?

How%2BLong%2BDoes%2Bit%2BTake%2Bto%2BDec

I'm ok with tossing fruit because it is "natural" and will decompose and probably be good to the soil afterwards. But thats if its left off the road where no-one can see it. Dumping that in the road or on the trail is not on.

How%2BLong%2BDoes%2Bit%2BTake%2Bto%2BDec

I'm ok with tossing fruit because it is "natural" and will decompose and probably be good to the soil afterwards. But thats if its left off the road where no-one can see it. Dumping that in the road or on the trail is not on.

These measurements are probably taken by placing the item in a controlled environment.

Banana peels, apple core etc organic material - a good share of the item is eaten while moist by insects, birds, ants etc. and then to a lesser extent also the dried parts.  - I have absolutely no problem with these being discarded in the veldt. 

Plastic gu-packets, energy bar raps etc are a crime. I too k@k on riders I see discarding them. Normally the offender keeps dead quiet when confronted.

AND its not as if they are not aware of their disgusting behaviour - they are just too self centred to consider placing a dirty item in their own pocket

(I stick mine in from bottom into side legging on my shorts)

Yesterday I should have joined all the clever people out training for the Cycle Tour but instead I went to the beach. 

So when I paddle my 4 year old loves to look out for plastic in water and always wants to pick it out the water. 

It's a problem, there are many who don't give a ****, you call out whoever wherever and they get super defensive. 

Last week I blocked the driver who drops off my neighbours kid cause someone at the back decided to throw their **** in the street in front of my house. I asked that they pick it up, Driver said it wasn't him, I kindly said I saw you didn't throw it down but you're the adult and we only want to teach the kids the correct way not so? It took a while and we held up the traffic but he eventually picked the dirt up and I said that thank you very much. 

The more we call out these dumbasses they less we'll dirt we'll see.... Well that's my theory. 

Archived