[Event] The Durbie Dash Road

Ernst Viljoen

Event Name: The Durbie Dash Road
When: 19 October 2019
Where: Durbanville High School, Western Cape
Category: Road

The Durbie Dash 90km is an ideal opportunity to improve your seeding status for the Cape Town Cycle Tour

Go to Event Page

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Entered this, got a confirmation of the payment. Apparently registration starts today and haven't received an SMS or email confirmation letting me know where/when to register or what time I am starting - unless I am missing something of course?  :(

Entered this, got a confirmation of the payment. Apparently registration starts today and haven't received an SMS or email confirmation letting me know where/when to register or what time I am starting - unless I am missing something of course?  :(

Apologies for the ugly cut & paste from the website - your starting batch should be your PPA seeding batch

Registration
Friday 18 October - 16:00 to 19:00 @ Durbanville High School Activity Centre ​ Saturday 19 October - from 05:00 at Durbanville High School Activity Centre

Apologies for the ugly cut & paste from the website - your starting batch should be your PPA seeding batch

Registration
Friday 18 October - 16:00 to 19:00 @ Durbanville High School Activity Centre ​ Saturday 19 October - from 05:00 at Durbanville High School Activity Centre

Thanks - did some Googling and checked out website  :thumbup:

Are the seedings all messed up?

I rode % group in CTCT this year (haven't raced since) and was generally A-B group in races leading up (99er, Tour de PPA etc).

Now PPA seeding has put me in F group, using a result from more than 1.5 years ago, with big penalty for being an old result

Edited by buchanan

Are the seedings all messed up?

I rode % group in CTCT this year (haven't raced since) and was generally A-B group in races leading up (99er, Tour de PPA etc).

Now PPA seeding has put me in F group, using a result from more than 1.5 years ago, with big penalty for being an old result

What is your seeding index from the CTCT? A decent ride from % should have at least put you in B or C

But yes, they have rebooted the whole seeding system. Everything is changed now

What is your seeding index from the CTCT? A decent ride from % should have at least put you in B or C

But yes, they have rebooted the whole seeding system. Everything is changed now

I got an sms now to say I am in % for tomorrow's Durbie Dash, so I guess they don't follow the PPA seedings.

Yeah not sure what's going on with my PPA seeding...but then you say it's all changed.

Don't know why they would use such an old result from early 2018, with its 15 point penalty, when I had some pretty decent and much more recent results this year.

Edited by buchanan

Also got an SMS now - rode in the & Group at Argus and finished middle of that pack - I'll be starting in % tomorrow but my PPA Seeding says I am now in C Batch...

Edited by Cookie88

Messed up seedings are the order of the day...

Seems like everyone is having a hard time with this.

The guys are not at all flexible with this too, I tried being reseeded at Amashova yesterday, asked them politely to please consider my previous results and start groups as I didnt race at all since 2017, they just said SORRY, we cant help you. Even though i started in A in 2017.

Oh well, back to all the races now to improve.

Dont think Durbie use PPA seeding as its not PPA event, probably using racetec index ( which still dont have one tonner included) with their own groupings...

Edited by Karman de Lange

What is the issue here? Is % to low/slow for you or too high/fast for you current ability? IMO % is not a bad seeding at all. It’s reflective of your races you recently completed, if they are still using seeding from races of more than a year ago then that means it’s one of your best races & the recent ones were all crap times after they made adjustments to the index & beta, despite you feeling it was your best.

What is the issue here? Is % to low/slow for you or too high/fast for you current ability? IMO % is not a bad seeding at all. It’s reflective of your races you recently completed, if they are still using seeding from races of more than a year ago then that means it’s one of your best races & the recent ones were all crap times after they made adjustments to the index & beta, despite you feeling it was your best.

% for tomorrow's race is fine.

Was my F group PPA seeding which surprised me. Not shocked me, just surprised. 

My best recent-ish result was the 99er earlier this year.  That put me into a high Tour de PPA and CTCT group (%). 

I was just surprised to see PPA are now using my Tour de PPA result from long ago (2018, with 15 point penalty) as my best result.

I would have thought this year's 99er (much more recent, much more relevant) would still be the race to use.

Perhaps I just don't understand their system.