Noise canceling headphones

Patchelicious

I have the Sennheiser PXC-550 wireless BT headphones. Pretty handy when the office becomes a little noisy and you need to tune out.

The things I love about them:

- Rich and deep sound.

- They also have the ability to accurately reproduce a sound stage.

- Battery lasts about 30 hrs.

- Lift the right ear cup off your ear and it automatically pauses the music. Music resumes as you place the cup over your ear again.

- Tap the right earcup in various combinations to: adjust volume, stop/play, switch noise cancellation on/off, skip forwards/backwards

- Foldable and they come with an airplane headphone jack adaptor.

- Comfortable

- lol, and the best feature for the office... switch the music and noise cancellation off and the headphones transmit the sound around you...and people think you’re listening to music...but you hear everything...

Negatives:

They are pricey but they are being discounted at the moment as they are a year or two old already.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got the Sonys Wx 1000h

Why have i waited so long to get these puppies, my word they brilliant.

Assume you mean the XM3’s ??

If so, yeah they are super popular now and for what appears to be good reasons. They’ve done a good job taking on Bose.

Assume you mean the XM3’s ??

If so, yeah they are super popular now and for what appears to be good reasons. They’ve done a good job taking on Bose.

Yes WH 1000xm3. Fantastic piece of kit

20f0792695798a1f6c475dad5e1e3d97.jpg

These come out tomorrow. Brilliant apparently. Bud version of the WH1000xm3's.

Ive been debating if i should wait for these or just go for the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless buds. The one thing that has really put me off the Sony is the fact that they offer no IPX waterproof rating which means they wont be any good on the IDT. The Sennheiser on the other hand tick all the boxes. Im not too fussed with NC, as i use XM2s for travel, these would really be for indoor training and for carrying with me all the time for a bit of privacy at the office or on the Gautrain etc.

Anyone using the Momentum True Wireless buds that can offer any feedback?

Ive been debating if i should wait for these or just go for the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless buds. The one thing that has really put me off the Sony is the fact that they offer no IPX waterproof rating which means they wont be any good on the IDT. The Sennheiser on the other hand tick all the boxes. Im not too fussed with NC, as i use XM2s for travel, these would really be for indoor training and for carrying with me all the time for a bit of privacy at the office or on the Gautrain etc.

Anyone using the Momentum True Wireless buds that can offer any feedback?

Ja that was my worry too.

On the Sennheisers, this guy does pretty in-depth reviews. Nothing flashy but to the point and no BS. Should answer your questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pibnFm3LaJs&t=138s

• 4 weeks later...

We got one of my buddies the Sony’s for his birthday last week.

Having spent the weekend playing with his Sony and my Bose, I can/must say that the Sony’s are better in every way.

Now I need to sell my 35s to replace them with the 700s, can’t have him being all smug :)

Edited by Patchelicious

Having spent the weekend playing with his Sony and my Bose, I can/must say that the Sony’s are better in every way.

Now I need to sell my 35s to replace them with the 700s, can’t have him being all smug :)

Go wash that mouth out with soap!

I have a pair of AKG by Harman studio headphones I have owned now for 15 years and they have been brilliant. They have fully turned me to lossless music formats over the years.

They are starting to look dingy from daily use though...and even though i paid a pretty penny for these back then...it seems crazy how expensive high end headsets have become...even the 'crappy' ones. Guess it can be blamed on trends....you know.....walking down the street looking like this kid down here is fashionable now. ^_^

127e1d600c8f24960b5d317497497989.jpg

Not noise canceling but just got me one of these for home. Unbelievable sound from such a “small” unit. Alexa and Google enabled. Using with Spotify and Tune-in Radio, happy as a non-vegan in farm poop!!

Did you buy it locally or abroad? I would love to get one now but there is no way im paying 70% more just to have a local warranty. It can wait till im traveling again in a few months time.

There’s a gap in the logic of this comparative review

Surely you should then get the Sony ????

????

Did you buy it locally or abroad? I would love to get one now but there is no way im paying 70% more just to have a local warranty. It can wait till im traveling again in a few months time.

Sorry, should have mentioned. I live in a Dubai now, purchased here. But was even cheaper in the UK last month. I wouldn’t worry about “local” warranty with BOSE. I would think their international warranty is good.

Just pitching to the cycling croud. Riding with earphones in on public roads is dangerous and probably illegal. Found a way to kinda circumvent that. Ordered those aftershokz trekz titanium earphones. Use probikekit from UK. About 3k cheaper than here. Thank me later.

Edited by V18