Shaun Peters

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not really sure why they chose this one for WPXCM champs.... :cursing:

It sounds like a road ride at best

ya cant understand that either, compared to last year i think it was in wellington!?

either way this doesn't sound too appetizing so wont be making the looooong journey (-+140kms from home). 

ya cant understand that either, compared to last year i think it was in wellington!?

either way this doesn't sound too appetizing so wont be making the looooong journey (-+140kms from home). 

Last year the WPXCM champs was the same race If I recall. I missed it because it was poorly advertised only on facebook. This year it is better well known but still not the best marketing. I hate vleisbroek but have to keep abreast of some events

SA XCM champs was Trailseeker Grabouw in July last year. Tiletoria would have been a nicer WPXCM champs IMO but it is what it is

Despite the R360 entry fee (and CSA fee) you have to pay R20 for parking too...

Trivial economics. Did you have fun (barring the stretch past the steaming pile of manure)?

Edited by tinmug

Trivial it may be, but next year I'd like parking to be included in the entry fee - which I paid well in advance of the event.

I did enjoy the ride - so much effort went into building the single track and it is highly appreciated. Everything was rideable if you had the correct pedals and I will be back, however next time on a shorter route. Nothing wrong with the long route, I just did it to satisfy my curiosity.

Route marking was perfect, water points were well stocked, marshals where needed. Even the weather played along - so this event scores 10/10 in my book. Thanks to everyone involved.

post-38519-0-16184700-1567260643_thumb.jpg

post-38519-0-71029500-1567260651_thumb.jpg

post-38519-0-86355100-1567260658_thumb.jpg

post-38519-0-52641000-1567260665_thumb.jpg

post-38519-0-10798600-1567260673_thumb.jpg

Trivial economics. Did you have fun (barring the stretch past the steaming pile of manure)?

Out of principle I would also be annoyed if I travel a long way to support an event out in the countryside only to be charged a stupid parking fee. Not the best move from the organisers imo.

R20 to park near start on field.

Free under the trees, and in the road. 

... and it is a fundraiser, after all.  :w00t: