Where do you store your stuff on a Scott Spark?

edgarblount

How did you fit the box, don't you need the third hole to secure ?

My frame did have a third hole already. However, I had to make up an adaptor plate as the standard hole positions (Bottle cage and extra hole) made the swat box interfere with the rear shock. So, the adaptor plate bolts onto the frame (Existing holes), and the bottle cage and swat box bolt onto the adaptor plate (about 25mm forward of the existing holes) 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you fit the box, don't you need the third hole to secure ?

There are a few options. For one you could buy on the the rail from Lyne to give you the third hole. Another option is wolf tooth who also make a rail of sorts that attached to the existing two holes on your bike and then let's you attach items to the rail.

The wolf tooth and spaz combo will work out quite expensive. The Lyne/Spaz combo less so. But your most affordable option will be to use the Lyne rail and their triangle box.

There are a few options. For one you could buy on the the rail from Lyne to give you the third hole. Another option is wolf tooth who also make a rail of sorts that attached to the existing two holes on your bike and then let's you attach items to the rail.

The wolf tooth and spaz combo will work out quite expensive. The Lyne/Spaz combo less so. But your most affordable option will be to use the Lyne rail and their triangle box.

Looks like Lyne is going to be the way to go. Trek Top Fuel, so mine doesn't have the third hole.

Doing some homework on a possible new dual suspension bike. The Scott Spark 940 (2018) is high on the list currently.

My only concern is where to store everything? It only has place for one bottle cage.

So what I want to find out from Spark riders is where do you store your stuff? What does your setup look like?

I have stopped using saddle bags after my third bag mysteriously unzipped itself mid-ride and dropped bombs on the trail. I now use a canister in the second bottle cage on my HT.

Tube I can tape to the frame somewhere. Invest in a Sahmurai Sword? 

I know, I know, I can get an Epic and have 2 cages and place for a swat box. Problem solved. 

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/179987-lyne-products-the-holy-rail-thread/

Looks like Lyne is going to be the way to go. Trek Top Fuel, so mine doesn't have the third hole.

Dayle is super helpful and they provide excellent after-sales service. I've ordered 2 dropper posts, a bunch of other smaller bits and pieces, and a second crankset just this morning from them - I have yet to be dissapointed by them. Really lekker SA company who makes some cool innovative stuff, I hope they keep growing!

Edited by Grease_Monkey

Replaced my dropper post with a standard post because dropper posts are overrated. Then bought one of these from Cyclelab, fits nicely into your jersey pocket.

https://www.cyclelab.com/product/amped-essentials-pouch

Replacing the dropper also allowed me to have an extra water bottle.

If you think droppers are over-rated you're just not riding the right trails ;)

I have the 2017 910 and I use a CamelBak (which is apparently a really unpopular option, I thought that at least one person would have mentioned it by now)

Holy Rail is the way to go. Below is size XL, fits two bottles with no problems, I also understand that different bottles such as the CamelBak have a better physical size for the volume of liquid and fit with greater clearances on the frame. The nice thing with the rail system is you can mix and match, the second bottle can be replaced with the bag, depending on what and where you are riding. Or if you don't need a second bottle pop your spares into one of those spares tubes that fit in the cage. 

post-45554-0-84996000-1553683456_thumb.jpeg

I have the 2017 910 and I use a CamelBak (which is apparently a really unpopular option, I thought that at least one person would have mentioned it by now)

The question was where do you store your stuff on a Spark, not on your person. Packs are great, won't ride without one on a longer ride, but if is frigin amazing to be able to go without one and still have spares and water on shorter rides.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Some pretty good ones. I am leaning towards the Holy Grail from Lyne. First need to get the Spark in my life. 

Just make sure the Holy Grail fits your frame before you buy, read on another trusted forum that it does not fit the 2017+ medium frames

The question was where do you store your stuff on a Spark, not on your person. Packs are great, won't ride without one on a longer ride, but if is frigin amazing to be able to go without one and still have spares and water on shorter rides.

Fair point. I took the "on your Spark" to mean "while riding your Spark".

On the Holy Rail thread there is a drawing/schematic that you can print out, cut out and try out on your bike before committing to anything. 

I also have the Syncros Matchbox Tailor HV1.5 Bottle Cage with the pump, multi tool and chain breaker.

There's no need to strap chain quick links to your frame or brake cables, there is actually a place made for two of them inside the toolbox where they fit nicely.

On the back I have a bottle cage mounted on my seatpost with two CO2 bombs.

When just out on training rides I put the bomb adapter, plugs, plug tool and mini squirt lube in my back pocket. For a race I mount that stuff, minus the lube, with a spare tube on my seatpost underneath the bottle cage.. Obviously I'm not running a dropper post with this setup. 

post-119556-0-44316000-1553694099_thumb.jpg

post-119556-0-53627600-1553694117_thumb.jpeg

post-119556-0-56049800-1553694132_thumb.jpeg

post-119556-0-20938700-1553694148_thumb.jpeg

post-119556-0-57932500-1553694169_thumb.jpeg

post-119556-0-70276500-1553694185_thumb.jpeg

post-119556-0-58496300-1553694592_thumb.jpg

Edited by JohanDiv